About Our Rescue Group...
Don't Bully My Breed is an advocacy organization that is dedicated to the welfare of bully breeds and other companion animals. Here are just some of the things we do:
Assist the public with spay/neuter
Fight against breed-specific legislation
Help other rescue organizations and/or individuals by courtesy posting their pets on our site
Screen applications for other organizations
Educate the public about responsible bully breed ownership
Combat dog fighting
Promote a positive image and understanding of all bully breeds
Our Adoption Process...
The MINIMUM adoption fee is $300 for adult dogs and $350 for puppies. This fee helps us to provide the necessary medical care and other needs for the dogs while in foster care. All dogs are altered, current on shots, microchipped, dewormed, heartworm tested (and treated if necessary), and to our knowledge, in good health before they are adopted out.
1) View the complete list of available dogs. Make sure to fully read the description of the dog you are interested in to make sure that the information we have fits with your particular needs. In most cases, the information on the website is current and gives the information that we have about the particular dog. It is easy to fall in love with a face, but that dog might not be the best match for your family.
2) Complete the adoption application. The application needs to be complete in order to help us determine if the dog you have chosen is a good match for your home. Please email us after completing the application as sometimes technical errors may occur.
3) Once the application is submitted you will usually receive an email or phone call within 24-72 hours. After a brief phone interview, if everything went well, we will schedule a time for you to meet the dog you are interested in. There is a chance we may tell you that the dog you are interested in is not a good match and may suggest another dog. We will also contact your vet and personal references as well.
4) If, after meeting the dog you decide you would like to adopt him or her, a home visit will be scheduled. This is also the time where we do dog-dog intros, if needed.
5) If all goes well with the home visit, and meet-and-greet, you will sign an adoption agreement.
6) The MINIMUM adoption fee is $250 for adult dogs and $300 for puppies. This fee helps us to provide the necessary medical care and other needs for the dogs while in foster care. All dogs are altered, current on shots, microchipped, dewormed, heartworm tested (and treated if necessary), and to our knowledge, in good health before they are adopted out.
Why do we charge an adoption fee?
We are all volunteers and as such receive no monetary compensation for our work with the dogs. The adoption fee is used to help defray costs in the rescue and care of the dogs. Adoption fees never cover all the costs that are put into that individual dog, so additional donations are greatly appreciated.