top

My name is Heidi!

Dachshund Dog for adoption in Chandler, Arizona - Heidi

I found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.

Heidi's Info...

I am already spayed, housetrained, purebred, and up to date with shots.

Heidi's Story...
***This dog is a courtesy listing, if you are interested in meeting him or her please submit an application at www.dachshundsonlyrescue.com. If he or she has been adopted there is a good chance there is another dachshund in rescue that might be a great match for your home*** Contact: dachshundsonlyrescue@gmail.com Organization/Rescue Agency: Dachshunds Only Rescue Web page/Adoption application: http://www.dachshundsonlyrescue.com Phone: 602-550-4088 Heidi is as adorable as she looks. A little shy with strangers at first, she warms up quickly and shows you just how big a heart can be packed in a 9 pound body. Lots of love, walks, and car rides are a perfect menu for Heidi. Heidi was turned in by her owner due to her 'anxiety issues'. One would think that losing her home and family,then going into a foster home with multiple dogs in which she was not the center of her retired owners' universe would cause even more anxiety for a little gal. We are dumbfounded at this point. Heidi is a perfectly normal dachshund. One who was on a prescription diet because on other foods, she 'pooped too much' and was on prescription medication for her 'anxiety'. She is on neither of these any more. We can't guarantee that Heidi will never show signs of undue anxiety, but we think that her 'anxieties' may have been environmental in nature. Heidi is crate trained and said to be 90% house trained. Even her owner admitted that the other 10% was probably because they lived in a golf course community that prohibited fences, and if they let Heidi out in the backyard alone, she would take off to chase the rabbits that abound on desert golf courses. With a dog door and a safe yard, she will undoubtedly do better....she has promised to try anyhow! So, Heidi is anxious....to find a new family who will love her just as she is....a dachshund! Love dachshunds? Please start the adoption process for Heidi by submitting our online application. Age (years): 3.5 Weight (pounds): 9 Spayed/Neutered: Yes Coat: Smooth Color: black and tan Adoption fee: $225.

Facts about Heidi

  • Breed: Dachshund
  • Color: Unknown
  • Age: Young
  • Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less
  • Sex: Female
  • ID#: 7870330

Other Pets at Saving One Life

Why Adoption is a Great Option

Heidi, a Chandler Dachshund dog was adopted! Here's how you can benefit by looking at adoption as an option to buying a Dachshund for sale in Chandler, or seeking a Dachshund dog from a breeder in Chandler.

  1. Rescues and shelter volunteers in Chandler already know the personality and tendencies of their pets. This means they can match you with the right pet. That will makes it much easier transition to owning a pet for yourself and your new pet.
  2. On average adoption fees are much less than you'd pay a Chandler breeder, or pet store. Plus most often rescue pets have already been to the veterinarian for a check-up, had a round of vaccinations, and are spayed or neutered. That is a lot of savings!
  3. You will become a hero, and give a needy dog or cat a loving home. In fact, there are even Dachshund breeders who help with Dachshund rescue. One puppy or kitten adopted in Chandler paves the way for another one to be saved.