found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already spayed, up to date with shots, good with kids, and good with dogs.
This girl is A+! She is very loving, low to medium energy. She loves to be pet. All she needs is a dog bed, some toys, and love! Zsa Zsa is so depressed and unhappy in boarding.
I would love nothing more than to find a nice foster family or even better my fur-ever family!! I am a very sweet and beautiful 2 year old pibble mix. I am good with kids and with some dogs, if you would like to take me home I can meet your dog first to make sure that we get along.
From one of our volunteers: Docile temperament and a little shy. Should warm up to a loving family very quickly.
Please submit an adoption questionnaire from our website, ruffhouserescue.org, to start the adoption process. One of our adoption counselors will email or call you back to answer any of your questions and set up a meet and greet your fur-ever friend!
FOSTERS AND ADOPTERS, PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU APPLY TO ADOPT A PET FROM DOG RESCUE INC, dba RUFF HOUSE RESCUE, A NON-PROFIT RESCUE AGENCY
To adopt a pet, Ruff House Rescue requires:
1. Application (on our website: www.ruffhouserescue.org) - you must be 18 years or older and the homeowner or renter of the home to apply
2. reference check (personal and vet)
3. phone interview
4. home pictures and visit
5. meet and greet
6. tax deductible adoption fee
Adopters outside of NY must be able to travel for meet and greets and adoptions
The adoption process can take from 1 day to 1 week, provided the pet is spayed or neutered and ready to go to his or her new home.
Please do not apply to adopt unless:
1. You have considered the responsibilities of adopting a new pet; a pet can be a 15-20 year commitment
2. You are committed to the success of the adoption (this means hours available to care for and train your new family member)
3. You are prepared for the financial obligations of a new family member, including: feeding, vetting, training, and general care
4. Everyone in the household is happy and ready to take in a new pet
You can contact Ruff House Rescue via email 24/7, and expect a response usually within 24 hours or less: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet and greets for pets are generally done at our Rescue in Freeport, NY on the Nautical Mile on weekends from 1pm-6pm or in a foster's home by appointment.