Hello, I'm Amelia! I am a beautiful, sweet, smart, loyal and loving girl.
I hail from the Pine Ridge Reservation and it is believed that I may have been a tribal officer's dog - I heel well, I sit, stay/wait, down, kennel and heel- and if I love and respect you enough I'll listen ;-)
I came with a recent head wound, believed to be gunshot, which entered the top of my head and exited through my right eye, leaving me blind in that eye. I am completely healed and have adjusted well to the loss though.
I LOVE car rides, I don't care what type of vehicle you have! I just want to be with you and sit looking out the window!
I am a VERY energetic girl, and would love a family who will burn off the energy with me. Going for runs, playing fetch in the back yard, etc. An active home will be the best home for me. I will gladly lay quietly with you though, keeping you company.
I look forward to finding my forever family, could that be you?
- A fully fenced yard, at least 6' high is a must. I am very athletic, and could easily jump anything shorter to chase after a bunny/squirrel/bird.
- I need to be an only animal, as I do not get along with any others. If you are considering me, please understand that social outings will need to be very controlled as I am not a fan of other dogs.
- A loving home with medium to high activity level, whether it be going for walks, runs or playing in the backyard. I love to work and play.
- Fearful of fireworks, gunshots, etc. So no Fourth of July outings for me.
Adoption fee is $125. Submit an Adoption Application
* All animals are in foster homes located throughout the Twin Cities & Central Minnesota. We do not have a facility. *
Your message has been sent to Ruff Start Rescue.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.