Helen Keller is a very special kitty. She was born normal in a feral colony, where neighbors saw her interacting normally with her colony mates, until one day, when she stopped running and playing. She was rescued and it was confirmed that Helen Keller is blind. We are not sure what caused her blindness, although it is possible that she ate some sort of poison (most likely rat poison or antifreeze).
Three days before Helen was rescued, she gave birth to five kittens. Unfortunately a fox killed one of the kittens before the caregiver contacted SNAP to come and rescue Helen Keller and her little family. Helen was also infested with ear mites and received over $250 in vet care for various medical issues.
SNAP staff named this special kitty Helen Keller for a reason--she is a fighter, she is brave and she is determined to navigate the world she can no longer see. Her blindness is permanent and she will need a supportive and caring family that will allow her to lead a safe and fulfilling life. Helen Keller is looking for the right family to give her a nurturing home. Could it be yours?
Your message has been sent to SNAP 2 IT.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.