About Our Shelter...
The Associated Humane Societies, founded in 1906, is the largest animal sheltering system in New Jersey. We comprise three shelters located in Newark, Forked River, and Tinton Falls . Our Forked River facility also includes Popcorn Park Zoo. Established in 1977, Popcorn Park Zoo is a sanctuary for abandoned, injured, ill, exploited, abused or elderly wildlife, exotic and farm animals, and birds.
The Society is a not for profit, 501 (c) 3 organization, and Popcorn Park is also a federally licensed zoo. The Society prides itself on our devotion to the thousands of animals that we care for annually and the chance for a better life we offer them. Please learn more about the Society and Popcorn Park Zoo throughout our web site, watch A Century of Caring, visit the zoo, public service, giving back, and the various programs we have for them. Come back often ... good things are always happening because AHS cares!
To understand how funds are utilized to help the many animals in our care, read our federal form 990 for charitable organizations and our audited financials.
The Society's current Board of Directors, effective August 27, 2014 is as follows:
* Roseann Trezza (1973)
* Barbara Lathrop (1976) (Independent)
* John Bergmann (1997)
* Adriana Hordynsky, DVM (7/29/2013)
* Sue Mann (7/29/2013) (Independent)
* Lynette Bono (8/27/2014) (Independent)
* Brian Royle (8/27/2014) (Independent)
* Justin Rand (8/27/2014) (Independent)
The Society's Executive Staff, effective September 2013, is as follows:
* Roseann Trezza, Executive Director
* Scott Crawford, Assistant Executive Director
* Laney Baris, DVM
* Rhonda Sessons, DVM
* John Bergmann, Popcorn Park Director