found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already neutered, up to date with shots, declawed, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
NOTES FROM KILL SHELTER ABOUT THIS CAT:
Domestic Sh; Crm Tabby; Neutered; 6 YRS 11.30 LBS
I came to the shelter as an owner surrender. Surrender reason: ALLERGIC
BEHAVIOR EVALUATION: Obiwan is undersocial; hissing and cowering here. He sometimes allows contact, and other times he hisses out of fear.
MEDICAL: He has moderate dental tartar on his teeth for which he will need a routine scale and polish. If rescue can commit to taking him to help with behavior, we can perform dental in-house.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The owner profile indicates that Obiwan previously lived only indoors. He is front declawed and has lived with cats, kids, and dogs; he remains very submissive all-around.
OBIWAN WILL NEED TO FIND RESCUE PLACEMENT BY 5PM ON 1/28/2016.
Adoption fee (from Safe Haven) is only $15 & includes:
- Initial Vet check
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- FIV & FeLV testing (only cats with a negative result are posted)
- Voucher for a future Free office visit to the Vet
- 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- 30 days of free pet insurance (in case something comes up after adoption)
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccination records, Vet records, Microchip records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, We will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
HOW SAFE HAVENS E-LIST ADOPTION PROGRAM WORKS:
- This pet has NOT been saved & is in danger of being euthanized at the kill shelter on the deadline posted.
- The shelter will not allow me to have potential adopters come down & view the pets. This pet is in an area only accessible to rescue groups.
- You must be 100% SURE you want to adopt this pet & commit to adopting without meeting them first (I know, scary, but keep reading it gets better...).
- Fill out an application & be screened before the deadline so I can let the shelter know we have a home for this cat. Automated application coming soon. For now, please just e-mail us & ask for a cat application at Safe_Haven_Animal_Rescue@live.com
- Once you get an approval e-mail, rest easy & follow the instructions.
- I will then pull this cat off the list, if your pet is marked as "spayed" or "neutered" in the shelter notes, plan to get your new family member either that day or the next day. Pick-up times are 9-5 every day of the week
- If your pet is marked as "male" or "female" in the shelter notes, then that means that they need to be fixed. So plan to get your new family member within 1-5 days. I will keep you updated & notify you when they are out of surgery, etc...
- After adoption, I will be available for help with training if you need it
- You can return the pet to Safe Haven if for some reason it is not working out. All I ask is that you give it a good 30 days before making that decision. (so see, it is not as scary as it sounds) This is the same way we do things with people who have fostered for us, only this is for people who are looking to adopt)
* Please note: Most pets that come from the big shelters get upper respiratory infections there. It is very common & is NOT serious. It is a virus that just needs to run it's course. Equivalent to you or I having a common cold. A dog is only contagious to another dog. Cat to cat. It is advised that you keep them separate for the first week.
It is also STRONGLY ADVISED that you crate your new pet if they are fearful , need to recuperate from surgery, need potty training, or are being introduced to other pets. A crate is a great tool in helping them & keeping them safe. I strongly believe in using crates as a training tool much the same as using a crib for a baby.
Thank you for taking part in saving this pet from the cruelty in this world!
Q: Is this pet still available?
A: Updates are posted in the original post on the FB page for Safe Haven Animal Rescue of AZ. It will say the status in all caps at the very top of the pets post. If nothing is posted, then the pet is still in need. So if you are interested, please fill out an application!
Q: Can I visit with this pet before adopting?
A: Not through the E-list Adoption Program. Please read through the details above under "HOW SAFE HAVENS E-LIST ADOPTION PROGRAM WORKS".
However, we also do regular adoptions where you can meet the pet first. Pets up for regular adoption have a more detailed profile & can be seen on our Facebook page, or here: http://www.AdoptaPet.com/shelter81523-pets.html then click on the picture of the pet you are interested in to read about them.
Q: Is this pet good with other animals?
A: If it is, it is posted in the section "NOTES FROM KILL SHELTER ABOUT THIS PET". If it is not posted, then it is unknown.
Q: How do I adopt this pet?
A: Please read through the details above under "HOW SAFE HAVENS E-LIST ADOPTION PROGRAM WORKS". Then fill out the application posted in that section. E-list pets are my first priority, so I will contact you ASAP, but please be patient.
Q: Can I adopt if I live out of state?
A: Possibly. Once I receive an out of state application, I will work on getting transport. If I am able to secure transport, I will then go through with finalizing the adoption with you. Out of state adopters would need to pick their new pet up at the airport. Please put any restrictions you have about picking up your pet in the additional comments at the bottom of the application (such as days/times that you are able to pick up, or how far you are willing to travel to pick-up). Keep in mind, I am working under a short time limit, & the more restrictions you place on the transport, the harder it will be to do it. So I suggest that you arrange to have a friend or family member pick-up your new pet if you are working, etc...
Out of state adoptions are welcome. Additional fee applies. Fees start at $195 & depend on the size of dog. The additional fee includes a hard plastic crate, collar with ID tag, & leash, on top of all the other things that comes with the adoption.
Q: Can I foster this pet?
A: Safe Haven no longer uses fosters. BUT, please sign up to foster at a shelter near you. By fostering for the shelter, you prevent that pet from ending up on the euthanasia list in the first place!
Q: Where is this pet?
A: This shelter does not publicize their euthanasia list & has asked that we do not post their name. They do not wish to receive calls about this pet & the pet is in an area of the shelter only available to rescue groups. They have agreed to allow me to network as long as it is done through Safe Haven.
Q: I like what you are doing & would like to help. Would you be open to a partnership?
A: Absolutely! I am open to anything that helps care for the animals &/or saves more lives! Please e-mail me at Safe_Haven_Animal_Rescue@live.com and give me details about what you have in mind.
Q: I run a rescue, what is the A#?
A: If you did not see this pet in your partner alert from the shelter, then you do not partner with this particular shelter.
Q: I run a rescue, will you pull this pet for me?
A: Not knowing your rescue & how it is run, I would not be comfortable with that. It is also against my agreement with this shelter to pull for another rescue. They (understandably) want to screen the rescues themselves. I would encourage you to look up all the shelters in your area & go through the approval process to partner with them.