Cramer is a Parson Russell Terrier Mix - a 45lb scruffy man with a lot of personality! Cramer likes to rule his roost and make sure the rest of the pups in his foster home stay in line. Cramer is working on his manners for walking on a leash and greeting new people so he can be the perfect companion. He will need a new human who is dog-savvy and who can keep up with his training.
IMPORTANT: This animal is NOT at Irving Animal Shelter. This dog has been rescued by PAWS for Irving Animals and is currently in foster care. To set up an appointment for us to bring the dog to meet you, please follow the instructions below.
Dogs in our foster care program are:
- up to date on all vaccinations
- negative for heartworms OR recently treated for heartworms. Either way, the dog is on regular heartworm preventative
- in loving foster care homes where they have received training and socialization to help them fit into your home more quickly.
There are a few steps to set up the adoption.
- Complete the PAWS4IrvingAnimalsAdoptionAppContract. This is available online at http://www.pawsforirvinganimals.org/adopt/available-dogs-in-foster-care/adoption-process-in-foster-care/. You can type in the information, but must initial each of the statements and then print/sign it. You can then send it back as a PDF to PAWSforIrvingAnimalsLLC@gmail.com or fax it to 214-764-2138. If you are meeting us at an event, you can complete the application at the event itself. We can also bring an application to you at the home visit.
- Schedule a home visit. After the adoption application is received, a volunteer from PAWS for Irving Animals will visit your home with the pet you are interested in adopting. We will ensure that the pet you are interested in has the opportunity to meet all the members of your immediate family, including other pets, to ensure that this adoption is a good fit. We can even do a trial adoption for a period of up to 3 days if you would like.
- Pay the adoption fee. The adoption fee is $200 for dogs under 12months and $150 for dogs over 12 months of age. The adoption fee covers many elements: full vetting (spay, vaccinations, etc), registration of microchip to you, etc. You have 3 options for payment:
- Via check. This can be either given to foster/volunteer at adoption hand-off or mailed as a check made out to 'PAWS for Irving Animals' with 'Adoption - DOG NAME' in the memo line. The check can be given to PAWS representative at time of adoption.
- Online at http://www.pawsforirvinganimals.org/get-involved/donate/. Select 'adopt' in the donation options box and select the appropriate amount.
- You can pay via PayPal as a 'Friends & Family' transfer to PAWSforIrvingAnimalsLLC@Gmail.com