Pia weighs 7 Pounds!!! She is 4 Years young!!!
Pia came to us via a Hoarder/Backyard breeder. She had little to no social skllls when she first arrived and tried to eat every human she saw. We have spent a lot of time with her training her that humans are OK.
She does take a bit to warm up and is a typical Dachshund that LOVES her humans. She will try to guard you from intruders and from anyone that she thinks will hurt you...she has her little grrr grrr grrr down pat.
Pia needs a Dachshund Experienced mature family or person to adopt her. No kids since we do not trust her to be nice if they reach for her without warning.
Pia is a love bug once she knows you and would not hurt a fly, however the key is to get to know her.
She gets along with most dogs and ignores cats.
Experienced Dachshund Owners ONLY..she has the Tude that only a true Dachshund Lover can appreciate!
If you meet the above qualifications and you think you can be my perfect home, please continue reading----Do not send an e-mail unless you have read all the way to the bottom of this Page
1. Go to our web site and fill out an application. Nothing will move forward until you do. http://carolina-loving-hound-rescue.com
2. We will give you a call within 7 Days after receiving a complete application, please do not serial e-mail us, we will work your application in the order it was received. We also work these applications between our paying jobs, taking care of our animals and families. Patience is the key!
3. Once we speak to you and feel you are a good fit, we will set up a meet and greet
4. Once we meet and do a home visit we can then and only then finalize an adoption. Every member of your household must be present for this meeting
5. We do adopt out of state and will do a home visit out of state as well
6. We will not put our dogs on mass transport or hand off transport to get to your home. .it is your responsibility to pick her up. We will make every effort to meet you part of the way but that is not always possible.
7. All animals in your house MUST be spayed/neutered unless you have medical documentation preventing you from doing so. NO EXCEPTIONS.
8. Unless you have outside working dogs we will not adopt to a home with outside dogs
9. Fence is required for me.
10. Must be 25 or above to adopt (exceptions may be made case by case)
If you have any additional questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Your message has been sent to Carolina Loving Hound Rescue.