Come Meet Our Pets...
We generally hold cat adoption open houses every week at local Petco or PetsMart locations. See our website www.mcspca.org for details on upcoming events. Appointments can also be arranged to visit our adoptable cats at other times.
The MCSPCA facilitates dog adoptions through referrals. We also maintain a list of dog breed rescue organizations for people who are looking for a particular breed of dog.
Our Adoption Process...
* A $100 adoption fee is required for cats.
* A $150 adoption fee is required for kittens under 1yr. of age.
* A $150 adoption fee is required for dogs under 50lbs
* A $175 adoption fee is required for dogs over 50lbs
* A $225 adoption fee is required for puppies or dogs with special medical needs (including sighthounds because of the anesthesia requirements)
We accept cash and checks only, no credit cards. The fee includes the cost of spay/neuter, initial vaccinations, heartworm testing (for dogs), FeLV/FIV testing (for cats), deworming, and general care of the animals during their stay at the MCSPCA (food, litter, medication, vet care, etc.).
An adoption application, vet check, and interview with a counselor are required to ensure that appropriate placements are made. A home visit may also be required.
* ALL members of a household must be present for the adoption process.
* If you rent your home, you must provide your landlord’s name and phone number. Landlord consent is required prior to adoption. To expedite this process, you can provide a copy of your lease or a signed statement from your landlord specifying the pet policy.
* The MCSPCA seeks the best possible homes for the animals in our care, and we reserve the right to refuse adoption to anyone.
*Upon approval, an adoption contract must be completed and signed.
*An adoption counselor will follow up each adoption with telephone calls and/or home visits.