It is SUMMER and that means that SHELTERS around the country are FULL! And FULL means that every cage means a LIFE -- so adopting or fostering ANY PET not only saves that pets life but it frees up that cage for another who may take more time.
Town of Hempstead Shelter, NY is FILLED BEYOND CAPACITY! Dogs are in crates in hallways in an effort to HOPE for an extra adoption, foster or rescue -- EVERY LIFE MATTERS but they cannot keep animals that they have no space for. Cats too -- beyond full and kept together in cages when possible.
KITTENS, CATS, SENIORS, ADULTS, PUPPIES -- you NAME it -- there IS a pet that will fit your household. PLEASE check out just some of their pets on their WEBSITE (not all of the available pets but many) -- https://toh.li/animal-shelter
ALLISON -- ALLIE (STRAY-- so this is a shelter name)
● LOCATED: WANTAGH, NY
● Transport IS available anywhere in NE to approved adopter
● "Very Old, 10+ ... beagle mix", female
● Calm, sweet
● Has not had behavioral assessment given stray hold but will likely be fine with any gentle dog(s)/cat(s)
● HEALTH -- still needs full assessment -- teeth are a mess, she needs a bath, slight heart murmur, lump on abdomen and neck, small growth on eyelid -- will be fully vetted before adoption if a home can be found
● CONTACT: Town of Hempstead Shelter or one of their rescue partners at: Elyse Shinnick Giurco at Road to Home Rescue -- email@example.com
Your message has been sent to Road to Home Rescue Support - Long Island, NY.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.