found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already neutered, housetrained, up to date with shots, good with kids, good with dogs, and good with cats.
My BIGGEST ISSUE and what landed me in a CRATE ... I just feel so envious of the toddler ... I was the baby here - and my DAD LEFT and I get NO ATTENTION -- so I started acting out by going in the house! I was in a CRATE - IN THE GARAGE - but the RESCUE trying to help me told my mom --it's TOO HOT in a garage -- that he must be brought in. And so, I am back inside now, but STILL in the CRATE.
Wally was adopted by his current family when he was 1 (born May, 2004). He has been a GREAT DOG and has had no significant issues in 11 years until the birth of the baby. And, add to that - the couple recently DIVORCED! So, Wally has LOST his dad AND has to contend with a 19 month old TODDLER who he obviously feels abandoned for. He LOVES his humans.
WALLY is VERY PLAYFUL (can play fetch for hours). He can be needy as he does like attention. He has lived with another cocker spaniel who is a few years older - and gets along fine. Fine with other dogs -- will sometimes bark at other dogs when on leash but never any issues.
He does not have a fenced in yard and gets almost no exercise. His mom feels awful but knows she has no time for him. The other dog is older and just likes to chill.
● LOCATED: West Babylon, NY - can be TRANSPORTED to approved adopter in the NORTHEAST
● 12 yo neutered male, cocker spaniel, UTD on shots
● Loving, playful (loves fetch), loves ATTENTION.
● DOG FRIENDLY (lives with another Cocker Spaniel)
● CATS unknown
● HEALTH -- requires ear cleaning/maintenance (typical of the breed); given that the behavior of going in the house (after the birth of the child) he is going to be evaluated for UTI/urinary issues -- although seems related to the toddler; otherwise, reportedly in good health and UTD on shots
● CONTACT: Elyse Shinnick Giurco at Road to Home Rescue -- email@example.com -- assisting in rehoming Wally.