I am purebred.
COOKIE came to us from a big kill shelter in S. FL. She was overlooked and not adopted so we were so glad we found her in time before they euthanized her because no one wanted her. Cookie is happy and sweet, and she gets along with the other 2 Jacks in her foster home. Her foster Mom says she is housebroken and goes to the door when she wants out. We think she is about 2-3 yrs old, very active, in great health. Adoption fee is $200. This helps pay the vet bills.--------------------------------------------------------- YOU MUST COMPLETE AN ADOPTION APPLICATION FIRST TO BE CONSIDERED TO ADOPT. Go to www.AlmostHomeFlorida.com to fill out an online application.TO BE CONSIDERED TO ADOPT A DOG FROM ALMOST HOME RESCUE YOU MUST FIRST COMPLETE THE ADOPTION APPLICATION. YOU WILL FIND THE ONLINE FORM HERE -
If you have questions please email us at: AlmostHomeRescue@gmail.com
1. Jack Russell Terriers need homes with a secure fence. Underground fencing is NOT safe for a Jack Russell.
2. Jack Russell terriers are bred to be hunting dogs and are not suited to apartment or condo life. The hunting instincts and prey drive cannot be trained out of these terriers and they will stay active in this way all their lives.
3. We do not adopt Jack Russell Terriers to families withe small children (under 6) as terriers are not patient with the antics of a small toddler.
4. Jack Russell Terriers can not safely coexist in a home with cats, birds, ferrets, hamsters, rabbits, etc, as terriers were bred to hunt and can kill small animals. They are hunters and they never give up.
5. Please keep an open mind and consider your lifestyle both today and 10 years from now before you apply for a dog that may not be a good fit for the long run.