Finnbar was rescued from a hoarding situation, emaciated and with several other medical issues. But look at him now--he is up to his ideal weight of fifty-five pounds and strong as an ox!
Without further ado, we are looking for a special home for Finnbar. His requirements are as follows:
1. A person with an active lifestyle, and who is patient and interested in training a young dog: He is smart and highly food-motivated, so training should be fun and easy.
2. A physical fence: He is an extremely active and energetic boy, and running is his game. Do not be surprised to see him go from zero to sixty in no time at all!
3. No cats or small pets: He has a prey drive.
4. No young children: Their fast movements and loud noises are stressful to him. Also, he is a big bundle of energy and may inadvertently knock down the little ones.
5. Dogs who will stand their ground, or no dogs at all: He can be bossy with submissive dogs, but knows his place with older, more confident dogs.
If you can meet the above requirements, Mr. Finnbar will make a wonderful companion for you! He will reward you with puppy sweetness, everlasting devotion, and daily laughter. Finnbar is being fostered in the Twin Cities metro area, and his adoption fee is $350.
Please see Finnbar's webpage for additional updates and photos: http://ragom.org/avail.cgi/Available/dog?dog_id=7037.
Your message has been sent to Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.