About Our Rescue Group...
Please visit our website at www.TheRescueTrain.org
Description of the Organization:
The Rescue Train is a place where once forgotten animals become cherished family members. We are a unique, non-profit, 501(c)3, no kill organization dedicated to eliminating animal suffering through hands on rescue work education and awareness.
It is our mission to greatly reduce the number of forgotten animals entering city shelters to face euthanasia, by not only hands on rescue work, but by promoting education through creating unique programs and solutions. Including awareness, community involvement and events, responsible pet ownership, support for the Good Samaritan who rescues an animal, dog training, spaying, neutering, adoptions, and support for other rescue groups.
Come Meet Our Pets...
Rescue Train animals are seen by appointment only. We do adoption events several times a month in different locations in the LA area. To see upcoming events please visit the "Special Events" section on the home page of our website www.therescuetrain.org
Because we do homechecks and follow up visits we only do local adoptions around the LA area.
Our Adoption Process...
1) View pets on line
2) Submit application for the pet of your choice. FYI: The application process is not meant to be an invasion of privacy but a tool to help us find out if one of our pets would fit happily into your home and lifestyle. We spend a lot of time and funds to get to know our dogs and cats and your application helps set both you and them up for a successful adoption. CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION.
3) Meet the dog or cat: By appointment only. If your application is approved, you will be contacted to arrange to meet the pet at a convenient time. We ask that everyone who will be living with the pet attend the meeting. Also, if you have an existing dog, for a dog we might ask that you bring him/her along for an introduction.
4) Home check: While a home visit is required prior to final placement, it does not guarantee adoption. We like to see where our pets will be living to make sure that they will be in a safe and secure environment. Often we can help with unforeseen health risks and help secure yards and fences that first time owners might miss.
5) Adoption contract: The adoption contract is a binding agreement between the adopter and our rescue group. If, for any reason, the adoption of one of our pets DOES NOT work out, you MUST return the animal to The Rescue Train. We are always here for our animals, no matter what.
6) Tax deductible donation. There is a minimum tax deductible donation of $250.00 per dog and $125 per cat. Each pet is spayed/neutered, vaccinated*, and microchipped. In most cases, we have already spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, on vet bills, boarding and training for each pet. The donation helps us recoup a small fraction of that cost. *In the case of puppies and kittens, additional rounds of shots might be required.
Many dogs that come to us need training. We are one of the few groups that obedience train the majority of our rescue dogs. Our intensive training program would cost the average pet owner hundreds of dollars. Part of our $250 adoption agreement, for dogs who require training, is that their adoptive parents have a mandatory free private training session before the dog can go home.
7) Delivery of your new family member: We come with education and helpful hints to help things go smoothly and take the guess work out of what to expect when bringing your new pet home. Each pet has a team of people behind him/her and we are here to be a support system if you should need us.