About Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary
About Our Shelter...
Who We Are
The Colville Valley Animal Sanctuary is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of abandoned, neglected, and otherwise homeless companion animals. We provide both crisis and long-term sheltering, medical care, fostering, and adoption services - all with the goal of placing our animals permanently in safe and loving homes. We spay and neuter all of the animals in our care and actively promote, through financial donations and community support, the effort to reduce the number of unwanted animals in Stevens County, Wa.
What We Do
We provide temporary shelter for up to 100 cats and dogs at any given time. Amazingly, we are successful in finding permanent adoptive homes for most of our animals. We can accommodate up to 21 adult dogs and 15 puppies, and 30 adult cats and 30 kittens at one time. We are currently staffed entirely by volunteers who provide love, stability and a place to call home for our animals.
Long and short-term sheltering
Rescue/retrieval of animals
Adoption coordination and counselling
Routine and emergency medical care
Foster and domiciliary care
Transportation for veterinary care
Spaying and neutering
Rehabilitation to overcome trauma
Foster care for special needs animals
Pet food assistance program
Feral cat program (trap, spay/neuter, release)
Come Meet Our Pets...We would love to have you visit us and the animals. Please give us a call so we can schedule an appointment. We are open Tuesday-Saturday by appointment only. We would hate to miss you, so please call ahead. 509-684-1475
Our Adoption Process...
1. Choose a pet from our Adopt-a-Pet listings.
2. Send us an email and schedule a time to come to the Sanctuary and meet with your chosen pet.
3. If you like the pet you meet, you will then fill out an adoption application and contract. Your application will be reviewed with the goal of finding the best possible match between the animal and adopting family.
4. Once you are approved, you can take the animal home (in most cases).
5. Some animals do require a home check. If the animal you are interested in requires a home check, one of our group representatives will make an appointment to bring the animal to your home for a visit. Ultimately, our objective is to facilitate a successful placement that meets the needs of both the animal and the adopting family.