Our Adoption Process...
Visit our Web page at www.petharbor.org for further details. The application process (See our "How to Adopt"
page for more detail.) is as follows, though it may not necessarily be in this order.
· Complete an application.
· Get approved, a process that may include an interview, landlord/vet/reference/home checks, and sometimes other components. We reserve the right to do home inspections.
· We help you choose a pet or pets who would match your needs and situation.
· Meet the pet(s). That means your whole family, including your current pets.
· Enter into a contract.
· Make a tax-deductible donation that can be any amount you want over a minimum that varies. See "How to Adopt"
for more detail. Dogs are microchipped, heartworm-negative, up-to-date on vaccines and heartworm preventative, spayed/neutered, and treated for any known medical conditions. Cats are leukemia and AIDS-negative, up-to-date on vaccines, spayed/neutered, and treated for any known medical conditions.
· Wait, if medically required.
· Welcome your new family member. Give him/her lots of love and a permanent home.
· Stay in touch! Become important permanent Pet Harbor family members.