You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
NOTE: This is a courtesy post for another rescue.
MOGS is handling the processing of any inquiries but all decisions will be made by the othe rescue.
BOOMER is a gentle giant of a guy, who was found wandering around stray and taken to a small shelter. We know only a little about him, but we know is heartbreaking:
- he appears to have lived alone all his life
- he's 'very sweet and gentle' (per shelter staff)
- he's leery of people although it's clear he'd love to be loved
- he's played very well with a puppy and was great - played 'like an older dog', i.e., he played but was laid back about it
- Best Guess: Boomer spent most of his life thrown in a backyard with no one to love him and no companionship
Boomer is between 80-90 lbs and a gorgeous tan dog with beautiful ears and a big old grin. He's desperately in need of a forever home and family! IS THAT YOU? DOGS: So far seems to do well. Has not been tested with all sizes/types of dogs yet but did great with a rambunctious puppy
CATS: Unknown, would have to be tested
KIDS: Unknown, would have to be tested
IDEAL FAMILY: A fairly quiet, stable environment where he can relax, stay inside and be comfy, and life surrounded by love! At this time we do not recommend small kids due to his size and the fact that we don't know his background.
If you're looking for a gorgeous big hunk of a guy, BOOMER's ADOPTION FEE: to be determined
who wants-to-be-loved-but-isn't-quite-sure-it's-safe and just needs your patient reassurance and love,
BOOMER may the buddy of a lifetime!
This fee covers only part of what we spend to vet, board and rehab the dogs we save. On average we spend over $450 on each dog. We made a decision to keep our adoption fee at the 2005 level even though vet prices have doubled and tripled since then. We are constantly fundraising to cover the deficit. At minimum, your adoption fee includes the dog's spay/neuter, heartworm test, heartworm treatment if needed, rabies shot, distemper/parvo shot, bordatella shot, deworming, monthly heartworm and flea preventives, and microchip. In many cases it also includes surgery and various types of vet treatment for standard issues such as hot spots, ear infections and so on.
INTERESTED IN ADOPTING BOOMER?
Complete an Adoption Application Now!Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
PLEASE READ THIS:
- We're picky about our adopters! GSDs are not for everyone. They demand lots of time/effort/training. They shed all year round and are big and scare lots of people. They 'mouth' and are usually strong-willed and stubborn. You have to have references and a home visit. If you're not willing/able to deal with any of this, please don't waste your time applying.
- All MoGS dogs must be inside family pets. We do not adopt to outdoor only homes.
- You have to put your dog indoors (NOT in the yard) when you're not home. One adopted MoGS dog died after the owners left to run errands, left her outdoors, someone opened the gate, and she was hit by a car. Privacy fences have been broken into, gates have been opened, thieves have stolen dogs. NEVER leave your dog outdoors when you're not home!!
- You're required to make a lifetime commitment. Only you can make sure the dog is safe, loved and cared for, for life. The minute you adopt, that responsibility is yours.
- Are you unable or unwilling to make a lifetime commitment? Do not apply.
- What's your plan for unexpected events and major changes? New baby? Divorce? Moving? How you will provide for your dog if your family breaks up? If you move? If you have a child?
- You're making a lifetime commitment to a MOGS Dog. We expect you to keep it! It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to stick by your family member -- no matter what.
Thank you for considering a homeless dog or cat.