PLEASE READ REGARDING LEO'S SPECIAL NEEDS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Fenced yard for off-leash daily exercise
- No cats
- Giant breed experience
- Ability to keep up with his medical needs indefinitely
- Dogs that will not play very rough with him
- A room to retreat to when guests come over in case he becomes overly protective
- Ability to manage an extremely protective dog
Leo’s Medical Needs:
- He has allergies and will need to be on allergy medication indefinitely
- Will need a very good grain-free diet
- He has mild Wobbler’s Syndrome, poor bone conformation and early hip dysplasia. Will need Dasaquin supplements indefinitely and Adequan injections monthly. (May be weaned off of Adequan injections in the future)
- He had two surgeries to re-build his eyelids and will need Alloway antihistamine drops indefinitely. Will also need to monitor his eyes going forward for recurrence of entropion and/or cherry eye.
- Daily brushing to maintain his good skin and coat.
Your message has been sent to AHS/Popcorn Park.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.