ADOPT ME ONLINE: https://ophrescue.org/dogs/5040
Hi! My name is Nubbs and I am a special 3 year old girl looking for just the right home. I would like a low-key, laid back environment where I know who is coming and going and we just hang out together a lot, talk about the weather, go for a walk and rub my belly and exchange air kisses hourly. Beyond the fact that I am just the right size and age for almost everyone, and I need not point out my spectacular good looks, here are some things I love:
- I love to give kisses, lots of wet kisses!
- I love belly rubs! This, I hear, is part of the bonding process, and we are supposed to do lots and lots of it to become comfortable with each other.
- I love to let you know when strangers are nearby! I will need you to train me to have total confidence in your judgement and work together as a team so we can react appropriately when we meet new people.
- I love to run around outside and take walks! I am looking forward to seeing where you like to walk.
- I love to play with toys and hide them from others! This a great game and can really tire me out, and then we get back to napping and belly rubs - right?
- I love treats! The best part is when you make me work for them for even simple things like "sit". I could play this game all day long, and then we get back to napping because this is mentally exhausting, and guess what - you get to rub my belly again.
- I love car rides! Don't you? I can sit beside you and tell you all about what I see and you can tell me all about the places you are taking me and why it is going to be super special because I am going with you.
- I love to be with the people I trust the most! I am easily attached to the people I am with, and I really don't need anyone else. I am not a social butterfly, and really just want to be your dog, and take walks, and naps, and get treats and then belly rubs.
- I love to follow my foster dad around and see what he is doing! He does such cool things like empty the dishwasher, take out the trash, watches TV (belly rub time), gardens, and fixes things which means he goes from one room to the other and back again - I never know what we are working on next and I love that he looks at me all the time and knows I am paying attention.
I am a sweet 50 pound girl look for a best friend, a family, a pal who needs a friend or companion. I am scared of new people, and really don't like a lot of change in my life. My foster dad says he feels the same way, and we do great with our family. I need a short time to meet new people and learn to trust them. I do best with people who will understand that our meeting will be on my terms. I like to play with other dogs as long as I can be the bossy one. I do really well outside off leash and come when called. I am house broken and have very nice house manners.
Are you willing to give me the home I deserve? You won’t regret it! I just want someone to show me unconditional love and patience because I do need both, I can prove to you that I will love you back once you give me the chance. Video of Nubbs Playing