About Our Shelter...
Berkeley County Humane Society's Mission Statement
The Society exists to promote the humane treatment and placement of homeless or unwanted dogs and cats in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia with special emphasis on Berkeley County.
Berkeley County Humane Society’s purpose is:
* Maintain a shelter for stray and owner-relinquish animals
* Make every reasonable effort to find caring homes for animals entrusted to its care, consistent with Society resources.
* Provide for the humane euthanization of animals when medical necessary or shelter population exceeds the available resources for housing and caring for animals hygienically.
* Accept as members, for an annual fee, all persons or organizations who/which support the Society’s work.
* Accept donations of money, supplies, and services from individuals and organizations who/which support the Society’s work.
* Cooperate with other organizations, including State and local governments, with interest in the humane care of animals.
* Undertake community services activities, including education programs.
Come Meet Our Pets...
Berkeley County Humane Society is located @ 554 Charles Town Road,Martinsburg, WV 25405
Contact phone number is 304-267-8389
Business hours are Monday through Saturday 10am to 4:30pm. Closed Sunday and Holidays.
Our Adoption Process...
$90.00 adoption fee for dogs and $65.00 adoption fee for cats. (includes spay/neuter fee + micro chip for dogs)
Adoption contract and questionnaire forms will need to be completed at time of adoption and your adoption fee includes the spay/neuter of the pet, which is done by Dr. Briardo Reich at our own on site spay/neuter clinic. You schedule your appointment with the staff at time of adoption.
It is same day adoption and mandatory to have animal spayed/neutered when adopted from our shelter. .