Domino – laughter and love, all in one package!
Looking for some extra laughter in your life? Someone that will love you unconditionally? Look no further, Domino is the gal for you! This goofy sweetheart is looking for a new home where she can be the only 4-legged family member. After running the streets of Phoenix as a stray, she found herself at a Maricopa County Animal Shelter. All of the shelter staff fell in love with her, and with few opportunities to find a great, permanent, loving home through the shelter, she came into rescue. Can you imagine, living outside with no idea where to find food, water, and shelter? Despite all of that, Domino is a loving, playful, happy girl who approaches life with curiosity and a “can-do” attitude! She’s a very special girl.
Domino is a border collie/boxer mix, approximately two years old, and weighs roughly 50 lbs. She has her full vaccinations (rabies, distemper-parvo, and bordatella) and is spayed. She is working to master kennel training and is doing extremely well! She is also potty trained to her crate & close supervision, just needs reinforcement with this and she will be housebroken in no time. She is healthy and her teeth are in great shape. This beautiful girl will need a home with adults or older children as she doesn’t know her own size and can be boisterous in the love she gives her people. She is not friendly with other dogs but will be perfectly happy in an “only doggie” home.
WHAT I LIKE:
• Action! I am incredibly smart, so I love to explore. Give me a “job” and I will do it well to please you.
• Water, water, water! I love playing in the water and chasing the hose.
• Running: I love exercise and would love someone to run with me.
• Play time – especially fetch! I love to run and chase the ball. I would love to try agility or flyball.
• Being close to you and showing you how much I love you.
• I love rawhide chews. I also love “de-stuffing” toys, so I’m probably best without squeaky toys.
• I love to go for walks. I do pull initially and need a walker with a “firm hand” to remind me of my manners.
• Rub a dub-dub! I love bath time, although I will try to eat the water coming out of the spout. They told you I was a goofy girl!
• Peanut butter kongs: give me one of these and I will be busy for hours. Yum!
WHAT I DON’T LIKE:
• Other doggies. I like to play with them, but I don’t know what to do when they tell me I’ve done something wrong. It upsets me and I’m quick to tell them that.
• Being left alone with nothing to do. I’m smart, put me to work!
WHAT I DO:
• I love you back.
• I give kisses to the people I love.
• I enjoy even the smallest things, and serve as a wonderful daily reminder to my people to stop, live in the moment, and appreciate the world around us.
WHAT I NEED:
• An active family that wants to engage my smarts and share fun experiences with me.
• Training: this would be a great “job” for me! I love to please so would do very well through advanced levels. Agility, anyone?
• Like all animals, I need consistency in my home so that I know what to expect (and what you expect of me – I so want to please you!)
• Crate time when you aren’t with me, at least until I have acclimated to my new home and understand what you do (and don’t!) want me to play with.
Enjoy a couple of short videos with Domino in action:
Goofiness in action
Death by water
To meet this special girly and bundle of love, please contact us to schedule a time:
Wagging Tails Pet Resort
Your message has been sent to Jill Lenz Rescue.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.