Meet Patchy, the ultimate house cat. He will sit quietly on your lap for hours if you'd like (as long as you feed him first). If you want to play with him, he will happily chase anything you throw or play with any crazy cat toys that must other cats wouldn't even bother to look at (as long as you feed him first). Patchey can hold his own in a conversation. He occasionally interrupts but we are working on it. His hobbies include passionately scratching the cat scratcher (NOT your furniture) and trying to do whatever you ask him to do. Oh, and eating. He will happily eat any type of food you give him.
Patchy is working on being the perfect house cat, so this week (11/11) he practiced taking selfies. It took a few tries but he nailed it. Patchy's favorite part about taking selfies is being close to his fosterer's face. He LOVES to snuggle.
Patches is eligible to participate in our Take a Chance on Me program! Its a no-fee, foster-to-adopt program for the shelter's 'wallflowers' who we know will shine once at home! These kitties have been overlooked because they're a little older, shy, intimidated, or overwhelmed. But each has their own way of winning your heart!
FIV+, indoor only, grey and white cow cat, approximately three years old, neutered, has age appropriate vaccinations, micro chipped, dewormed, deflead.
MORE ABOUT PATCHES
From the fosterer (12/1):
'He has way more personality than any cat I’ve ever known. He’s always close to me and his preference is usually to sit on my lap, which he’ll do for hours. He also tries to rub my face all the time.
· Comes running (and screaming) when I call him. He’s usually with me so I don’t have to call him though.
· Has never bit or scratched me. He does try to trip me though.
· Has really good manners. Fine with litter box, doesn’t jump on counters or tables. He doesn’t try to leave my apartment; not at all curious about what is out there. He doesn’t even go in the kitchen or bathroom.
· VERY offended when I told him off one time for scratching the couch. He walked away slowly and was growling/moaning.
· Loves to be told he’s a good boy. He spends a lot of time scratching the cat scratcher and I swear he keeps going back to it just because I tell him how good he is
· Loves the iPad. He has been spending a good portion of the morning and evening playing games. Sometimes he will go ipad surfing- he runs at the ipad and slides on it across the hardwood floor. He screams when he changes it to a game that he doesn't like or a different app.
· He fetches toys. When he wants to play, he will bring me a toy and he’s really good at bringing it back after I throw it (and has learned how to scream with a toy in his mouth). I have also found him walking around with my socks or my iphone in his mouth....
· He has a groove in my bed, right next to my head. Stays there quietly all night. I think he also sleeps there all day when I’m at work
· His personality has been pretty consistent for a while. He seems content and not skittish or anything. Needs an owner with a sense of humor who will appreciate his big personality :)
Please call Ahimsa Haven for an appointment to see him.
Your message has been sent to Ahimsa Haven Animal Rescue.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.