About Wags, Hope and Healing
About Our Rescue Group...
Our Mission & Vision
We rescue, rehabilitate and find loving adoptive homes for dogs that were the victims of abandonment, abuse or neglect. Through leadership, behavioral conditioning and love, we help them become balanced and healthy in mind, body and spirit. We take time to facilitate a perfect match between our adoptable dogs and their forever family and offer a support system for adopting families.
We promote kindness, leadership and responsible pet ownership and advocate for the prevention of cruelty to animals including preventative measures for overpopulation. Through these things, we achieve our vision-- to create permanent, healthy bonds between pets and their families.
Come Meet Our Pets...Location varies depending on the situation. We travel around to meet adopting families and host adoption events and our center is located just west of Austin in Dripping Springs. Hours are very flexible and made by appointment.
Our Adoption Process...
Meeting your Match
Our vision is to create permanent, healthy bonds between pets and their families. We work hard to make sure that our dogs go to the right match by following our adoption process outlined below.
Once you have decided to adopt, we will guide you through the following steps:
1. Fill out the Pet Adoption Application.
2. Q & A. Once we receive your application, an Adoption Coordinator will ask and answer any relevant questions.
3. Meet the dog. We will work with you to set up a time for you and your family to meet your potential forever friend. We may also schedule an in-home visit to see how the dog does in your home environment.
4. Sign the Contract. When both parties decide it’s a good match, we’ll help you make it official by signing our adoption contract. At this point we will also go over all of the dog’s medical records.
5. Adoption Fee. Our fee is $165 and all of our dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, vaccinated for rabies, distemper and parvo, heartworm negative or treated and on preventative, flea/tick free and dewormed.
* Wags offers a 30 day period for you and your dog to get to know each other better. If it is not a good fit, we will gladly take the dog back to the rescue and continue to look for the right home. If at any time the match isn't right, we will work with you to find a solution. We are committed to all of our dogs and are here for you always.