Meet Ziva...this girl is a smart and affectionate dog. She loves to run and play, but also loves her snuggle time and sleeping at your side. She gets along with other animals in the household and currently lives with 4 other dogs and 3 cats. She sleeps with 2 of the cats every night.
She'll sleep in her bed, but would like yours better. She is great protection and will let you know if any strangers are around. Although she gets along fine with the indoor cats, I don't know how well she would do with a loose cat in the yard. She does like to chase down possums and squirrels if she can, and is adept at finding snakes too. She seems to like almost everyone. She hasn't been around children much, but she seems fine with them at events. She is a strong, energetic dog th ough, and may knock down a small child when playing.
Some Ziva facts:
1. she was food aggressive initially, that has improved significantly. I feed her away from the others mostly, but she hasn't pushed anyone off their food for a few months now.
2. she like chew toys...specifically a bagel toy. I have several that can go with her when she finds her furever home.
3. she needs room to run. she would not do well in an apartment unless she has a dog park to play in at least twice a day or unless you are a runner who will take her along
4. she probably needs a doggie friend who likes to play. preferably not a tiny dog, she just doesn't know how strong she is. there is a small dog in the home now though and she has not hurt it
5. she does better with a harness than a collar, she has slipped out of any collar and chased the deer, but is quite well behaved with the harness
Ziva is a loving dog. She like affection and is quite intelligent.
The adoption fee includes vaccinations, bordetella, deworming, rabies, spay/neuter and microchip. There is an additional $10.99 fee for Home Again for a lifetime registration of the microchip. If adopting a puppy, the rabies and spay/neuter will be done at the same time by our vet once they are 4 months old and billed to us. It is against the law in the State of Texas for a rescue not to be sterilized so we have to make sure it gets completed and that we have record of it.
Your message has been sent to Honoring Hope and Faith Rescue, Inc..
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.