Are you looking for an easygoing pal who is always up for affection but won’t make you run around all day to keep up with him? Scout is a gentle 10-year old Lab-Terrier mix with impeccable manners and sweet personality who would love to meet you. His rough and tumble youth has mellowed into enjoyment of naps and mealtimes. He’ll be happy with a leisurely walk and plenty of love every day. Scout likes other dogs and greets new people readily. He’s crate trained, house trained, and responds well to most instructions, especially if rewarded with food. In fact, his foster family says he’s the easiest dog they’ve ever fostered! What are you waiting for? Make Scout part of your family today. He would be best in a home without cats.
Thank you so much for your interest in one of our adoptable dogs. If you have questions, please e-mail (email@example.com). Our volunteer adoption committee will do its best to answer your inquiry within 24 to 48 hours.
If you are interested in adopting please read the following to expedite your application.
1. Return to our website at http://www.yolospca.org
2. Download an application and fill it out http://www.yolospca.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48:adoptionprocess&catid=48:adoption&Itemid=70
3. Fax the application to 530-231-2969, or email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include the 'NAME' of the pet you are interested in on the application. If you are interested in meeting multiple animals please put all their names on one application.
4. The adoption committee will email you to confirm receipt of your application as long as you have an email address listed on your application. Please print the email address as clearly as possible so that we are able to confirm receipt.
5. If the dog is a good match for your family our volunteer callers will call you to set up a meeting. The Yolo SPCA is a volunteer run organization and are only able to call back if the dog would be a good match for your family based on the information received from the volunteer foster families).
All of our canines are altered (spayed & neutered), puppies are started on their shots, adults are up to date and have been heart worm tested (negative) and all dogs are micro chipped. The adoption fee is $175 (which covers all of these costs). THERE IS NO SHELTER FOR YOU TO VISIT BECAUSES WE ARE A FOSTER BASED ORGANIZATION. IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS, WE DO REMOVE THE PETS FROM OUR SITE WHEN THEY HAVE BEEN ADOPTED.
The Yolo County SPCA is a private, not-for-profit animal rescue organization. All of our animals awaiting adoption are in foster homes. For more general questions please See http://www.yolospca.org/or contact us through email at (email@example.com).
Your message has been sent to Yolo County SPCA.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.