OCT 14, 2016:
We just got the sweetest little Beagle in the world!!! She is 4 years old and weighs 29 pounds. Her name is Lucy and her resume is incredible (see below). Her family surrendered her to us (with tears in their eyes) so that we could find Lucy her very best home. They live on a farm and aren’t at home a lot and because Lucy is VERY WELL SOCIALIZED, she wants and needs to be involved with other living beings and she will seek people and/or other dogs to hang around with. They have an invisible fence but they don’t have other dogs and since Lucy LOVES to be with other dogs so much, she runs through their invisible fence and goes to the neighbors house to play with their four dogs every single day. Lucy goes back to her own home every evening, but her escapes have become a problem because the neighbors don’t want Lucy at their house all the time.
SHE HAS MANY GREAT TRAITS. Lucy
- is VERY WELL SOCIALIZED!
- loves people, kids, and other dogs. Good with cats and chickens too.
- has excellent house manners and isn’t destructive at all.
- loves to use a doggie door (though her family has to lock it now to keep her inside when they leave her home alone for a long time). When left at home alone for too long, she sometimes potties on the floor because she simply HAS to—and it is NOT her fault. (Her family wanted me to make sure to clarify that. They have to leave her at home a lot and they feel bad about having to confine her so much.) When she has the use of the doggie door and can go outside when she needs to, she is HOUSE TRAINED.
- loves people so much she constantly goes to the neighbors house for love.
- loves to ride in the car and will get into a car with anybody!
- likes to potty in private areas so getting her to potty while on a leash isn’t always easy.
- absolutely LOVES hanging around in the yard and garden when her people are gardening. Lucy makes sure to keep all rabbits and moles off the property too.
- is not a digger or a climber.
- rarely barks and never chews on inappropriate things.
- she will follow her nose…to be with other dogs and people.
Lucy NEEDS a big fenced yard or acreage far away from a busy road, WITH other dogs (even young dogs) and people who will engage her and pay her a lot of attention. She would absolutely thrive with other people who are at home a lot too.
This sweet dog is going to be a very, VERY good find for the right family and she is sure to get adopted into the right home soon. For more info, contact Flower at 434-361-0190 or email@example.com .
GOOD WITH DOGS. GOOD WITH CATS. GOOD WITH KIDS. GOOD WITH CHICKENS.
NOTE: All animals are spayed/neutered as soon as practical after arriving at our facility unless there is a medical issue that may cause a delay or they are too young to be spayed/neutered.
VOLUNTEERS and DONATIONS NEEDED. Visit our website for more info http://nelsonspca.org
Your message has been sent to Humane Society/SPCA of Nelson County.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.