You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
EMBER is a gorgeous 2-year old GSD with beautiful light-brown eyes! She was recently surrendered by her owner, and is now looking for a family to match with her inner fiestiness!
Ember is a very sweet young girl who came to MOGS with little-to-no training or good manners. She's eager to learn, and is working hard to learn things in her foster home such as: Walking nicely on a leash, kennel training, playing appropriately with other dogs, etc.
Ember is VERY intersted in exploring EVERYTHING! She's so curious and excited about seeing, and sniffing everything she encounters. She can be intense at times, so will need a strong leader who can not only teach her proper manners and good skills, but who will also work to socialize her and continue introducing her to all of the things she's clearly missed out on so far in her young life.
Ember recently went into foster care, so we'll update this information as we get to know her better. Check back soon on this adventurous girl! DOGS:
If you're looking for a gorgeous, young, trainable German Shepherd
who will love you forever,
Ember may be your ideal family member! EMBER'S ADOPTION FEE: $300
This fee covers only part of what we spend to vet, board and rehab the dogs we save. On average we spend over $450
on each dog. We made a decision to keep our adoption fee at the 2005 level even though vet prices have doubled and tripled since then. We are constantly fundraising to cover the deficit. At minimum, your adoption fee includes the dog's spay/neuter, heartworm test, heartworm treatment if needed, rabies shot, distemper/parvo shot, bordatella shot, deworming, monthly heartworm and flea preventives, and microchip. In many cases it also includes surgery and various types of vet treatment for standard issues such as hot spots, ear infections and so on. INTERESTED IN ADOPTING EMBER? Complete an Adoption Application Now!Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
PLEASE READ THIS:
- We're picky about our adopters! GSDs are not for everyone. They demand lots of time/effort/training. They shed all year round and are big and scare lots of people. They 'mouth' and are usually strong-willed and stubborn. You have to have references and a home visit. If you're not willing/able to deal with any of this, please don't waste your time applying.
- All MoGS dogs must be inside family pets. We do not adopt to outdoor only homes.
- You have to put your dog indoors (NOT in the yard) when you're not home. One adopted MoGS dog died after the owners left to run errands, left her outdoors, someone opened the gate, and she was hit by a car. Privacy fences have been broken into, gates have been opened, thieves have stolen dogs. NEVER leave your dog outdoors when you're not home!!
- You're required to make a lifetime commitment. Only you can make sure the dog is safe, loved and cared for, for life. The minute you adopt, that responsibility is yours.
- Are you unable or unwilling to make a lifetime commitment? Do not apply.
- What's your plan for unexpected events and major changes? New baby? Divorce? Moving? How you will provide for your dog if your family breaks up? If you move? If you have a child?
- You're making a lifetime commitment to a MOGS Dog. We expect you to keep it! It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to stick by your family member -- no matter what.
Thank you for considering a homeless dog or cat.