You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.*** Heidi is going through assessment & training, and is not currently available for adoption. ***
HEIDI is a gorgeous girl, potentially working lines, who was recently surrendered to MOGS, as her owners were facing euthanization. She has a very high prey drive, and is said to be have fear issues with men and boys. She can also jump a standard height fence, and is considered a flight risk, so a minimum 6' fence will be required in her forever home.
Stay tuned for updates and adoption information as we get to know Heidi better! HEIDI's ADOPTION FEE: $300
This fee covers only part of what we spend to vet, board and rehab the dogs we save. On average we spend over $450
on each dog. We made a decision to keep our adoption fee at the 2005 level even though vet prices have doubled and tripled since then. We are constantly fundraising to cover the deficit. At minimum, your adoption fee includes the dog's spay/neuter, heartworm test, heartworm treatment if needed, rabies shot, distemper/parvo shot, bordatella shot, deworming, monthly heartworm and flea preventives, and microchip. In many cases it also includes surgery and various types of vet treatment for standard issues such as hot spots, ear infections and so on. INTERESTED IN ADOPTING HEIDI? Complete an Adoption Application Now!Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
PLEASE READ THIS:
- We're picky about our adopters! GSDs are not for everyone. They demand lots of time/effort/training. They shed all year round and are big and scare lots of people. They 'mouth' and are usually strong-willed and stubborn. You have to have references and a home visit. If you're not willing/able to deal with any of this, please don't waste your time applying.
- All MoGS dogs must be inside family pets. We do not adopt to outdoor only homes.
- You have to put your dog indoors (NOT in the yard) when you're not home. One adopted MoGS dog died after the owners left to run errands, left her outdoors, someone opened the gate, and she was hit by a car. Privacy fences have been broken into, gates have been opened, thieves have stolen dogs. NEVER leave your dog outdoors when you're not home!!
- You're required to make a lifetime commitment. Only you can make sure the dog is safe, loved and cared for, for life. The minute you adopt, that responsibility is yours.
- Are you unable or unwilling to make a lifetime commitment? Do not apply.
- What's your plan for unexpected events and major changes? New baby? Divorce? Moving? How you will provide for your dog if your family breaks up? If you move? If you have a child?
- You're making a lifetime commitment to a MOGS Dog. We expect you to keep it! It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to stick by your family member -- no matter what.
Thank you for considering a homeless dog or cat.