You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
Gorgeous, all-white NOVA is even more stunning in person! She has been bounced around to several homes in her young life already, and with our help, she's looking to find her final, forever home now!
Nova has improved tremendously since coming into MOGS, thanks to her fabulous foster family! She was emaciated, malnourished, and overall unhealthy when we first met her. Since then, she's gained almost 20lbs, bringing her up to 68lbs!
Nova is a gorgeous 2-year old all-white German Shepherd / Husky mix who's super sweet, and LOVES attention from her people! She's potty trained and kennel trained, and actually uses her kennel as her 'safe place'. She's food motivated, which is always helpful in training! And she loves toys -- though will do best when given tougher ones, or even indestructible toys! She does well with other dogs; she loves to play with her foster fur-brother, and she'ss also OK with cats!
NOVA'S ADOPTION FEE: $300
This bright and shining girl is ready to find an equally amazing family to spend her 'forever' with! Could that be you? If you feel you'd be a good match with Nova, please submit an adoption application
This fee covers only part of what we spend to vet, board and rehab the dogs we save. On average we spend over $450
on each dog. We made a decision to keep our adoption fee at the 2005 level even though vet prices have doubled and tripled since then. We are constantly fundraising to cover the deficit. At minimum, your adoption fee includes the dog's spay/neuter, heartworm test, heartworm treatment if needed, rabies shot, distemper/parvo shot, bordatella shot, deworming, monthly heartworm and flea preventives, and microchip. In many cases it also includes surgery and various types of vet treatment for standard issues such as hot spots, ear infections and so on. INTERESTED IN ADOPTING NOVA? Complete an Adoption Application Now!Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
PLEASE READ THIS:
- We're picky about our adopters! GSDs are not for everyone. They demand lots of time/effort/training. They shed all year round and are big and scare lots of people. They 'mouth' and are usually strong-willed and stubborn. You have to have references and a home visit. If you're not willing/able to deal with any of this, please don't waste your time applying.
- All MoGS dogs must be inside family pets. We do not adopt to outdoor only homes.
- You have to put your dog indoors (NOT in the yard) when you're not home. One adopted MoGS dog died after the owners left to run errands, left her outdoors, someone opened the gate, and she was hit by a car. Privacy fences have been broken into, gates have been opened, thieves have stolen dogs. NEVER leave your dog outdoors when you're not home!!
- You're required to make a lifetime commitment. Only you can make sure the dog is safe, loved and cared for, for life. The minute you adopt, that responsibility is yours.
- Are you unable or unwilling to make a lifetime commitment? Do not apply.
- What's your plan for unexpected events and major changes? New baby? Divorce? Moving? How you will provide for your dog if your family breaks up? If you move? If you have a child?
- You're making a lifetime commitment to a MOGS Dog. We expect you to keep it! It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to stick by your family member -- no matter what.
Thank you for considering a homeless dog or cat.