About The Philly Kitty
About Our Rescue Group...
The Philly Kitty (TPK) is an organization established in order to enrich the lives of abandoned, rescued, and orphaned cats and kittens in the city of Philadelphia that are without shelter, food, medical care, and love. The mission of The Philly Kitty is to save the lives of Philadelphia's homeless cats & kittens by providing temporary foster homes & spay and neuter services, and ultimately, permanent forever homes.
Come Meet Our Pets...
Visit our website for the current adoptable cats and kittens http://www.thephillykitty.org/adoptable-kitties.html
While most of our kitties are in foster care in the Philadelphia/suburbs area, we usually have 2-3 adoptable kitties at one of our offsite partner locations.
190 Forty Foot Road
#108 Hatfield Pointe
Hatfield, PA 19440
Our Adoption Process...
$95.00 per cat
What's included in the Adoption Fee
Our Adoption Fee includes a complete medical exam, age appropriate vaccinations including rabies, spaying or neutering, feline leukemia (FeLV) & FIV testing, microchipping, preventative flea treatment, de-worming, and any other medically appropriate treatment as needed. Common ailments such as upper respiratory infections and bacterial infections, as well as any other medical issues, are treated to prior to adoption.
• Please review our adoption requirements
• Fill out and submit the Adoption Application
• All applicants will be contacted within 2-4 days
• TPK will follow up with prospective adopters & check references
• Once the application is approved, the adopter meets the cat of his/her choice, usually at one of our partner PetValu locations.
• A home visit is completed
• TPK adoption contract and waiver are signed, adoption fee of $95.00 is paid
• Your new feline family member goes home with you (either at time of meet or a later date)! All adopters receive a new cat handbook
In order to be considered for adoption
• You must be 21 years of age or older
• Have the knowledge and permission of landlord if a renter
• Sign The Philly Kitty adoption contract
• Have a valid photo ID
• Pass a home inspection
• Be willing to make a lifelong commitment to the animal you adopt