About Our Rescue Group...
Redwood Pals Rescue was formed to keep the euthanasia rate low at our local county shelter which is a kill facility. We are an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to support rescue and adoption efforts of animals that are at risk in the Humboldt County Animal Shelter.
Some of the things we do:
* rescue animals in danger of being euthanized at the Humboldt County Animal Shelter
* place rescued animals into permanent adoptive homes;
* facilitate transportation of rescue animals to out-of-area rescue organizations, fosterers, and adoptive homes;
* train/rehabilitate rescue animals to facilitate their placement into permanent adoptive homes;
* to provide temporary foster of shelter animals with medical needs to facilitate their placement into permanent adoptive homes;
* provide educational outreach to promote the adoption of shelter and rescue animals as pets;
* improve the quality of life for animals at the Humboldt County Animal Shelter;
* encourage and facilitate proper veterinary care including vaccinations, spaying and neutering;
We always need: Donations! which can be sent to our P.O. Box or through Razoo. Fosters! We do not have a shelter of our own but instead rely on kennel space for our rescue dogs at the shelter (when it isn't full) or with our network of foster homes. We sometimes have to emergency board dogs to save their lives. We would rather have them in a foster home. Volunteers! if you are interested in volunteering let us know. We are a small group and could always use more help.