SEE VIDEO ALSO ON THIS PAGE! (Note: The video was taken at 8 1/2 weeks of age. It is a two-part video; please watch to the end!)
Posted 11-16-16 - George is an approximately 10 week old Maltese/Poodle (Maltipoo) mix puppy born 9/4/16. Momma dog is totally Maltipoo, (and was rescued from the Moreno Valley Animal Shelter as a pregnant dog) and weighs about 7 lbs., but we have no idea who daddy dog is. George is the only one of the three puppies, whose coat is slightly straighter, mostly in the head and ear area, but his body is still quite fluffy and we are still calling him a Maltipoo. He is the brother of Teddy (also posted) and Addie (not posted as she was adopted by a friend of the foster). George was the largest of the three, and presently weighs about 3 lbs. 8 ounces.
George has had his first round of shots and will have his second round of shots soon and will also be micro-chipped. He has also been dewormed. Most likely, George will be a low to no shedding dog like his momma. George loves playing and tries to jump on auntie Raven, a nine-year-old Shepherd mix who belongs to the foster. He loves to run around the yard. He will pick up a leaf and carry it around with him. Like any puppy, he is sweet and loving, and loves attention.
You must meet the following criteria to be considered for adoption:
• Someone at home most of the day, for example, stay-at-home moms/dads, folks who work from home, or complimentary schedules among the adults in the home.
• Previous puppy experience is a plus.
• Though another dog for play and companionship is ideal it is not mandatory. George might even be a good candidate to live with cats.
• A very secure INDOOR place for puppy to be when no one is at home (we recommend a small wire crate).
• Applicants must be between 30 and 65 years of age.
• No infants or toddlers, please, but we will consider families with children who are gentle and well supervised by parents.
• We only adopt dogs as INDOOR dogs. Dogs can go outdoors for play (with supervision at this young age), for potty, but never to be excluded to an outside area.
If you are interested in George, please write/send an e-mail to Janet Cook to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You do not need to press any special buttons on this website; just send a regular e-mail. Please write with some information about your home, family members, other pets, and dog experience. I sincerely apologize, but I do not have time to answer single questions such as, “Is this dog available?” or “Can I come and meet this dog?” Only those who send an e-mail with the requested information will be considered to apply.
We have an application process that you can read about by going to this website: www.angelsheartdogrescue.com and going to the Adoption Tab (look at tabs along the top, far left). The adoption fee is: $300 plus an additional $50 as a spay/neuter deposit (total $350). In addition to the Adoption Contract, there will also be a neuter (and final round of shots) contract and follow up will be strictly enforced. Once the dog becomes altered, the $50 will be reimbursed to the adopter. We can also refer you to the vets that work in conjunction with our rescue for a lowered spay/neuter cost. A home check may also be required. The phone number to the rescue is: 626-340-9316. We cannot take inquiries by phone, however, if you send an e-mail, and you do not receive a response within 24 hours, please feel free to phone the rescue. Thank you!
Your message has been sent to Angel's Heart Dog Rescue.