About Nuts for Mutts Rescue, Inc.
About Our Rescue Group...
Nuts for Mutts Rescue, Inc. is an all-volunteer dog rescue organization incorporated in March of 2010 and located in Rochester, New York. We are a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and all donations are tax deductible. Our operations are supported solely by donations and volunteers.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life, but have one fundamental thing in common, and that is our love of dogs and our dedication to help them in whatever way we can. Each volunteer has their own stories and motivations for doing what they do, but all of us do it for one reason: LOVE! Most of our volunteers have been doing rescue work for many years and are what we lovingly refer to as our “Seasoned Nuts!”
Our mission is to rescue, provide sanctuary, and obtain medical care, through licensed veterinarians, to ultimately re-home abandoned, surrendered, stray, abused or neglected dogs. We also want to educate the public on the plight of homeless dogs, the benefits of adoption, the importance of spay/neuter, and the proper care of dogs.
Our dogs come to us in a variety of ways, such as shelter turnovers and owner surrenders. Dogs will be accepted regardless of breed, size, age, or medical status providing that there is a suitable foster home available to care for the dog, as well as financial means to provide for the medical care of the dog. Priority is given to dogs coming from abuse or neglect situations, shelter turnovers, owner surrenders, or other situations that might place the dog in imminent danger of homelessness, injury, neglect or death.
All of the dogs that come to the rescue are placed in appropriate foster homes while they are evaluated and given any needed medical care. Our foster volunteers are a wonderful, caring, and compassionate lot who open their hearts, homes and wallets knowing that their only compensation will be that mixture of joy and sorrow they will one day feel when they hand off that happy, healthy, wagging tail to a smiling adopter who promises to love them forever.
Come Meet Our Pets...Come and visit Nuts for Mutts Rescue's Adoption Center every Saturday and Sunday from noon until 4:00 pm, at 4259 Culver Road in Seabreeze.
Our Adoption Process...
Nuts for Mutts Rescue, Inc. is committed to finding the best possible permanent home for the dogs in the rescue program. To this end, the following adoption policies will be followed:
1. All applicants for adoption must complete an Adoption Application, either online or in printed copy.
2. All applicants must submit to personal and vet reference checks and home visits.
3. Dogs will only be placed into adoptive homes in the local, Rochester, NY area.
4. A non-refundable adoption donation is required and a legally binding Adoption Agreement must be signed at the time a dog is placed. Adoption donations are not negotiable and payment must be made in full prior to or at the time of placement of the dog.
5. Applicants must provide veterinary and personal references and contact veterinary facilities to authorize release of their records to a Nuts for Mutts Rescue representative upon request.
6. Potential adoptive homes with other dogs or cats that are not spayed or neutered will not be considered unless there are verified medical reasons why alteration should not be performed.
7. Applicants who rent their homes must verify that they are permitted to have a dog and provide a landlord contact number on the adoption application. Landlords will be contacted in every case, without exception, to confirm their approval of the potential adoption.
8. The primary adopter must be at least 21 years old.
9. We are solely committed to the dogs accepted into the rescue. We want to find them loving, permanent homes and go to great lengths to place the right dog into the right family. We reserve the right to decline any adoption based on what we feel is in the best interest of the dog.
10. Upon adoption, copies of all available records will be provided to the adopter. All animals are spayed or neutered before adoption. Dogs will be current on vaccinations, tested for heartworm, and will be on a heartworm/flea/tick preventative medication. Each dog will also have a microchip implanted prior to adoption.
11. Prior to approval of any adopter, a home visit by a Nuts for Mutts Rescue, Inc. volunteer, or such other approved representative, is mandatory. We do not ship or deliver dogs and there is NO exception to this rule.
12. Accurate assessment of all dogs is an objective; however, Nuts for Mutts Rescue, Inc. carries no warranty of any kind, express or implied.