Name: Nilla Wafer
Age: 10 months on 10/23/16
Weight: 11 lvs
Dog friendly: Yes
Cat friendly: Yes
Kid friendly: Yes
House trained: Yes
Crate trained: Yes
Energy level: Moderate
History: From a shelter in Kentucky
Adoption Fee: $350
From the Foster:
Hi, I’m Nilla Wafer! Foster mom calls me Nilla for short. Here’s some information about me:
1. Dog friendly: I live with two big dogs in my foster home. I get along fine with them, but we don’t play together much. I do like to play though, so this might just be a size issue!
2. Cat friendly: Sometimes I like to bark at the cat and try to get her to play with me…other times I just ignore her.
3. People friendly: Oh my gosh, I love people! I live in my foster home with a Mom and a Dad, and 3 children (age 6, 12, 14). I’m outgoing and warm up quickly to new people.
4. Eating: I eat two times a day, breakfast and dinner. If I’m a good girl then I get treats, and I loooove treats! I haven’t shown any food guarding or aggression.
5. Potty: I know that outside is for potty, and I do a really good job! I do best when I’m on a schedule. I’m a small girl, so several frequent trips out are ideal.
6. Crate training: I sleep in my crate at nigh and also when everyone else is gone, just for my safety! I sometimes bark when I first go in, but that’s just because I don’t want to go to bed yet! I realize pretty quickly that everyone else went to bed too, and then I’m quiet the rest of the night.
Here’s a note from foster Mom: Nilla is a sweet little girl who loves attention and cuddles. She’s a fairly quiet dog, until she wants your attention and then she barks to say “Hey! I’m here! Pick me up! Love me!” She is great with my 3 children, she let’s them pick her up and carry her around. Nilla loves toys, and should have plenty of them around so that she doesn’t chew on things she shouldn’t be! Overall I would describe Nilla as gentle, snuggly, eager to please, silly, and laid back. Let me know if you are interested in setting up a meet and greet, and thank you for choosing rescue!
All dogs are in individual foster homes throughout the Twin Cities.
FILL OUT AN APPLICATION TODAY!
Click Here to Begin Application
Search for more adoptable pets on our website at www.secondhandhounds.org
Your message has been sent to Secondhand Hounds.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.