found a new home!
Plenty of my friends are looking
for one too. Find a pet to adopt.
I am already neutered, purebred, and up to date with shots.
NOTES FROM THE SHELTER ABOUT THIS DOG:
Chihuahua Sh; Black and Tan; Male; UNK 8.80 LBS I came to the shelter as a confiscate.
BEHAVIOR EVALUATION: Under socialized and fearful. Moves to avoid handler interaction but will readily take treats. Flails on leash. Difficult to pick up but once in handler's arms and off the ground he does settle and relax with time. Allows all handling. Needs a calm environment with one-on-one attention to build confidence and socialization with people.
MEDICAL: Eugene has mild dental tartar, otherwise no significant findings.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Eugene came in through our Field Department, from a home where they were kept in small pens and cages. Would do best to be separated and worked with individually, or housed with social animals.
EUGENE WILL NEED TO FIND RESCUE PLACEMENT BY 5PM ON 11/24/2016
Adoption fee (from Safe Haven) is only $25 & includes:
- Initial Vet check
- Spay/Neuter surgery
- Up to date on Vaccinations
- Voucher for a future Free office visit to the Vet
- 50% off any Optimum Wellness Plan
- 30 days of free pet insurance (in case something comes up after adoption)
- Available Paperwork: Spay/Neuter records, Vaccination records, Vet records, Microchip records, Recommendation list, etc...
- Continued Support: Safe Haven will be there for the lifetime of your adopted pet. If you ever have questions or concerns, We will always be there to help. Our goal is for you & your pet to live happily ever after!
HOW SAFE HAVENS E-LIST ADOPTION PROGRAM WORKS:
- This pet has NOT been saved & is in danger of being euthanized at the shelter on the deadline posted.
- The shelter will not allow me to have potential adopters come down & view the pets. This pet is in an area only accessible to rescue groups.
- You must be 100% SURE you want to adopt this pet & commit to adopting without meeting them first (I know, scary, but keep reading it gets better...).
- Fill out an application & be screened before the deadline so I can let the shelter know we have a home for this pet. For a dog: http://www.adoptapet.com/Safe-Haven/adoption-application/
- Once you get an approval e-mail, rest easy & follow the instructions.
- I will then pull the pet off the list, if your pet is marked as "spayed" or "neutered" in the shelter notes, plan to get your new family member either that day or the next day. Pick-up times are 9-5 every day of the week
- If your pet is marked as "male" or "female" in the shelter notes, then that means that they need to be fixed. So plan to get your new family member within 1-5 days. I will keep you updated & notify you when they are out of surgery, etc...
- After adoption, I will be available for help with training if you need it
- You can return the pet to Safe Haven if for some reason it is not working out. All I ask is that you give it a good 30 days before making that decision. (so see, it is not as scary as it sounds) This is the same way we do things with people who have fostered for us, only this is for people who are looking to adopt)
* Please note: Most pets that come from the big shelters get upper respiratory infections there. It is very common & is NOT serious. It is a virus that just needs to run it's course. Equivalent to you or I having a common cold. A dog is only contagious to another dog. Cat to cat. It is advised that you keep them separate for the first week.
It is also STRONGLY ADVISED that you crate your new pet if they are fearful , need to recuperate from surgery, need potty training, or are being introduced to other pets. A crate is a great tool in helping them & keeping them safe. I strongly believe in using crates as a training tool much the same as using a crib for a baby.
Thank you for taking part in saving this pet from the cruelty in this world!
Q: Is this pet still available?
A: Updates are posted in the original post on the FB page for Safe Haven Animal of AZ at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405138936478168/ It will say the status of the pet in all caps at the very top of the pets post.
Q: I don't see a phone #. Will someone please call me?
A: Everything needed is online. I have found that online is the most efficient way to get all the work done. In the past, when I posted my #, my phone rang off the hook all day. So I spent the whole day on the phone, with not much work to show for it at the end of the day. Again, everything needed is online.
Q: Can I visit with this pet before adopting?
A: Not through the E-list Adoption Program. Please read through the details above under "HOW SAFE HAVENS E-LIST ADOPTION PROGRAM WORKS".
However, we also do regular adoptions where you can meet the pet first. Pets up for regular adoption have a more detailed profile & can be seen on our Facebook page, or here: http://www.AdoptaPet.com/shelter81523-pets.html then click on the picture of the pet you are interested in to read about them.
Q: Is this pet good with other animals?
A: If it is, it is posted in the section "NOTES FROM THE SHELTER ABOUT THIS PET". If it is not posted, then it is unknown.
Q: How do I adopt this pet?
A: Please read through the details above under "HOW SAFE HAVENS E-LIST ADOPTION PROGRAM WORKS". Then fill out the application posted in that section. E-list pets are my first priority, so I will contact you ASAP before the deadline, but please be patient, I do have a heavy workload.
Q: Can I adopt if I live out of state?
A: The animals on the euthanasia list have generally been neglected or abused and are very afraid of people because of it. Therefor they are not fit for transport.
However, if you are interested in a pet, we can pull them off the list for you, work with them and get them ready for transport. Fees start at $195 for transport + the regular adoption fee. All transported cats come with a collar with ID attached, a carrier with padding, health certificate if required, bowls, and of course food for the trip. Plus all the other things listed above that regularly come with adoptions. Feel free to e-mail Safe_Haven_Animal_Rescue@live.com so I can give you a more exact quote.
Q: Can I foster this pet?
A: Safe Haven no longer uses fosters. BUT, please sign up to foster at a shelter near you. By fostering for the shelter, you prevent that pet from ending up on the euthanasia list in the first place!
Q: Where is this pet?
A: This shelter does not publicize their euthanasia list & has asked that we do not post their name. They do not wish to receive calls about this pet & the pet is in an area of the shelter only available to rescue groups. They have agreed to allow me to network as long as it is done through Safe Haven.
Q: I like what you are doing & would like to help. Would you be open to a partnership?
A: Absolutely! I am open to anything that helps care for the animals &/or saves more lives! Please e-mail me at Safe_Haven_Animal_Rescue@live.com and give me details about what you have in mind.
Q: I run a rescue, what is the A#?
A: If you did not see this pet in your partner alert from the shelter, then you do not partner with this particular shelter.
Q: I run a rescue, will you pull this pet for me?
A: Not knowing your rescue & how it is run, I would not be comfortable with that. It is also against my agreement with this shelter to pull for another rescue. They (understandably) want to screen the rescues themselves. I would encourage you to look up all the shelters in your area & go through the approval process to partner with them.
Q: Can I sponsor this pet?
A; Absolutely! Taking care of each pet gets expensive, and we are so grateful for any monthly donation towards the Vet care, food, treats, toys, gas for running them to the dog park, vet ect...
Sponsoring requires the $25 pull fee + a commitment to a set monthly gift to go towards the care of this pet until adopted. To sponsor a specific pet, please click on this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6DRAYJN5XEDZ2 You can pay with your PayPal account, or you can pay with a credit card. Please put the name of the pet you are wanting to sponsor on the invoice.
Q: How can I donate?
A: First, THANK YOU! We rely on private donations to help fund all the costs for these wonderful animals. So your help means a lot! To donate, please click on this link https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6DRAYJN5XEDZ2 You can pay with your PayPal account, or you can pay with a credit card.