About Hal's Haven, Inc.
About Our Rescue Group...
We are a group dedicated to fostering orphaned kittens and finding permanent homes for orphan kittens and displaced cats. All pets are fostered as family members with free run of the house, interaction with other cats/kittens and dogs, and well socialized in a public office environment. Cats in foster care may have different living conditions. Ask where the cat is fostered at. Once we accept a healthy animal it is kept until a permanent home is found. Any poor behavior is worked on to make the pet more acceptable in your home. We adopt only to homes that will not declaw and are in-door only.
All purebred cats are pulled from high risk shelters and held in quarantine. Most purebred cats are then transported to approved breed specific rescues. If we do not have the cat or breed that you are looking for we can help you to find an organization with the cat/breed you are looking for.
We fully support our local humane society and solute them for the tough job they have to do. If you need to re-home your pet we strongly encourage you to work to find it a good and loving home. Only after you have exhausted all of your resources we encourage you to contact the local humane society. The cruel act of dropping your unwanted pet to exist on its own will likely result in its death due to starvation, disease or predation.
We cannot stress enough the need to spay or neuter your pet. Only when pet owners become responsible and spay or neuter their pets will we be on the road to having every pet be able to find a loving home. By spaying or neutering your pet you are saving the lives of unwanted kittens and puppies.
Come Meet Our Pets...Because we are a network of foster homes we are open by appointment only seven days a week.
Our Adoption Process...
All kittens/cats adopted from Hal's Haven are spayed or neutered, up to date on vaccinations, de-wormed, treated for fleas and other parasites, tested for Felv and FIV, use to other cats and dogs, socialized. Because we care about the kittens and cats we adopt out we adopt to indoor homes that will not de-claw.
Our adoption process is:
1. Potential adopters complete the application. You will receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application.
2. The application is reviewed and information verified. A home visit may be made. Vet references are verified. Landlords are consulted to ensure that the pet is allowed.
3. The adoption agreement is signed and the adoption donation is paid after applicant is qualified. Adoption donations vary. Some adoptions may be more if more veterinary care is required. Download our adoption agreement here.
4. The kitten/cat is taken home.
5. A member of our team will call and/or visit to check on how everything is going.