You can fill out an adoption application online on our official website.
MALCOLM is a gorgeous young man, full of energy and spunk! He was picked up as a stray and is now looking for a forever home to call his own.
TEMPERAMENT This fee covers only part of what we spend to vet, board and rehab the dogs we save. On average we spend over $450 on each dog. We made a decision to keep our adoption fee at the 2005 level even though vet prices have doubled and tripled since then. We are constantly fundraising to cover the deficit. At minimum, your adoption fee includes the dog's spay/neuter, heartworm test, heartworm treatment if needed, rabies shot, distemper/parvo shot, bordatella shot, deworming, monthly heartworm and flea preventives, and microchip. In many cases it also includes surgery and various types of vet treatment for standard issues such as hot spots, ear infections and so on.
So far we can say that Malcolm has a LOT of energy! He's a loveable goofball who wants to play, play, play! He MUST have a similar-sized and similar energy level play buddy in his forever home to help burn off some of his crazy energy, and he needs to have unstructured exercise (offleash in a fenced yard) on a daily basis.
Malcolm does well with other dogs, but can be a bit crazy and inappropriate at times! A play buddy of similar size and energy level is REQUIRED in his forever home. Small dogs and cats will need to be tested.
No known health issues.
MALCOLM'S ADOPTION FEE: $300
INTERESTED IN ADOPTING MALCOLM?
Complete an Adoption Application Now!
Visit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.
PLEASE READ THIS:
- We're picky about our adopters! GSDs are not for everyone. They demand lots of time/effort/training. They shed all year round and are big and scare lots of people. They 'mouth' and are usually strong-willed and stubborn. You have to have references and a home visit. If you're not willing/able to deal with any of this, please don't waste your time applying.
- All MoGS dogs must be inside family pets. We do not adopt to outdoor only homes.
- You have to put your dog indoors (NOT in the yard) when you're not home. One adopted MoGS dog died after the owners left to run errands, left her outdoors, someone opened the gate, and she was hit by a car. Privacy fences have been broken into, gates have been opened, thieves have stolen dogs. NEVER leave your dog outdoors when you're not home!!
- You're required to make a lifetime commitment. Only you can make sure the dog is safe, loved and cared for, for life. The minute you adopt, that responsibility is yours.
- Are you unable or unwilling to make a lifetime commitment? Do not apply.
- What's your plan for unexpected events and major changes? New baby? Divorce? Moving? How you will provide for your dog if your family breaks up? If you move? If you have a child?
- You're making a lifetime commitment to a MOGS Dog. We expect you to keep it! It's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to stick by your family member -- no matter what.
Thank you for considering a homeless dog or cat.