Ten reasons to adopt a black cat (from research and all apply to Lovey )
1. The mutated gene that gives them black fur is more resistant to diseases than other colors of cats
2. The seem to be content being around the house rather than roam
3. They are intelligent
4. You can wear black without cat hair showing on your clothing
5. They have expressive eyes ( can figure out how cat is feeling)
6. They are mellow and non demanding
7. They can keep themselves occupied
8. They photograph well
9. You’ll more than likely be saving a life. they are at risk for being put down in shelters because people can’t see past their color
10. They are beautiful to look at
11. They are friendly and adapt well.
Your message has been sent to Cat Resource Center Inc..
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.