About Our Rescue Group...
Canine Adoption and Rescue League is a 501(c)(3) Private Non-Profit No-Kill Organization. We rely on donations and do not receive government, state, or city funding. We operate almost entirely by volunteers.
Since 1996, Canine Adoption and Rescue League has rescued and placed thousands of unwanted, sick, abandoned, and homeless dogs. Dogs in our adoption program are placed in pre-screened, loving and secure homes. We make a lifetime commitment to all of our dogs.
Canine Adoption and Rescue League receives hundreds of calls from people who must find a home for a stray, a litter of puppies or even a family pet.
Canine Adoption and Rescue League's mission is to advocate for animal welfare, seeking to end the needless deaths of companion animals through our adoption, education, and outreach programs.
Come Meet Our Pets...
We hold adoptions on Saturday and Sunday (Noon - 3:00 pm) at our adoption center, 3203 East Main St in Ventura, California 93003.
We also hold monthly "Away Adoption" Events please visit our website http://carldogs.org/events-2/calendar/ for more information.
Our Adoption Process...
The goal of Project Second Chance is to match dogs with homes that are well suited to their needs, temperament, age, and energy level. The dogs are fostered until an appropriate permanent home is found.
Our Process Includes:
1. Select the dog that most interests you.
2. Spend some time interacting with the dog. If you already have a dog in your household, it is wise to bring your dog over to the Adoption Center to meet the dog you have selected.
3. Fill out an adoption application form (note: filling out an application DOES NOT guarantee an adoption).
4. A trained volunteer will review the application. Upon approval of the application, we will set up an appointment to visit your home to confirm that the fencing and gates are secure, and the yard is safe for the dog.
5. No dog is ever adopted from the program without a home check.
6. If more than one application is submitted for a given dog, our adoption committee will select the home that is best suited for the dog's needs.
7. The entire adoption process can take up to one week.
8. The adoption process is concluded when an Adoption Contract is completed and the non-refundable adoption fee is paid.
9. Our non-refundable adoption fees per dog are:
$125 for senior dogs, 8 yrs. and up
$175 for puppies under 6 mo.
$150 for all other dogs
If you can increase the donation fee for the animal you are adopting, please do so, if you cannot, please remember us during the holiday gift giving season and for donations of dog toys, dog beds, old blankets and other items all rescue groups need. But most importantly PLEASE remember to tell your friends who FALL IN LOVE with your dog (because they will) to ADOPT, don't breed or buy.