About Our Shelter...
Duplin County Animal Services is a local government county agency responsible for enforcing state and local animal control laws and ordinances. Part of the job of DCAS is to educate the public about rabies, pet over population and responsible pet ownership. It is required that all animals are spayed and neutered within 30 days of adoption. This is in place to help control the pet population and promote responsible pet ownership.
Rabies vaccines are offered EVERY day during normal business hours for $10.00. Please be sure to have your pet on a leash or in a carrier.
Come Meet Our Pets...
The shelter is located at:
117 Middleton Cemetery Lane
Kenansville, North Carolina 28349
Our phone is (910)-296-2159
We are open Monday - Friday from Noon to 6pm
Our Adoption Process...
✔️Female Dog $125 includes rabies shot and $100 voucher for spay.
✔️Male Dog $105 includes rabies shot and $80 voucher for neuter.
✔️Female ADULT cat $105 includes rabies shot and $80 voucher for spay.
✔️Male ADULT cat $65 includes rabies shot and $40 voucher for neuter.
✔️Female KITTEN adoption fee is $95 and includes an $80 voucher for spay.
✔️Male KITTEN adoption fee is $55 and includes a $40 voucher for neuter.
Includes shots and basic spay/neuter voucher at participating vet, credit towards at non participating vet.
We accept cash or check or credit cards as payments for adoption fees. There will be a $25 fee for returned checks.
When you are ready to adopt a new friend, we’ll ask you to complete our friendly screening process, which ensures safe and successful adoptions!
• Fill out an Adoption Application (available online). Please copy and paste this link BELOW into your browser:
• We’ll have a brief conversation with you to determine your needs and preferences, find out about your daily schedule, and talk about your previous experience with pets.
• If applicable, we’ll call your veterinarian to ensure that previous pets have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and well cared for.
• If you see a pet that you are interested in, please call the shelter at (910)-296-2159 and feel free to leave a message if no one answers. The shelter typically will not return calls, so be sure to continue to try until you speak with someone.
• It is a busy season at the shelter and we have lots of cats and kittens available on a daily basis.
• Occasionally we have puppies, but they always go quickly.
• Heartworm testing is done as time and scheduling permit.
• Strays are held for five days and owner surrenders can be adopted or PTS immediately.