About Nashville PITTIE
About Our Rescue Group...
Nashville PITTIE was founded by Jana Mandes, a lifelong animal advocate. Jana has been a pit bull guardian for most of her life, with an inherent love of animals and a commitment to making a difference for pit bulls and the communities in which they live. Frustrated with always being on the “defense” and seeing the suffering they endure, we decided to take action to improve these animals’ lives as well as the public perception of the dogs that we know as intelligent, playful, and loyal family pets.
Nashville PITTIE is not a rescue in the traditional sense. We noticed a trend in Nashville’s animal welfare community where a lot of wonderful caring folks opened their hearts, homes, and wallets to rescue efforts and almost immediately became overwhelmed with pleas for help. Too often they find themselves in a vicious cycle of having more animals in need than there is help available. Nashville PITTIE ‘s aim is to get ahead of the issue and prevent homelessness, neglect, and abuse before it happens. The best way to achieve that is through community education and promotion of spay/neuter programs.
Nashville PITTIE is an all Volunteer organization. If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate to Our Rescue Group...
Your tax-deductible donations are always accepted, needed and greatly appreciated! If you would like to donate to Nashville PITTIE, please visit http://nashvillepittie.org and click the "Donate" button. Nashville PITTIE is a registered non-profit organization with the State of Tennessee. We thank you in advance for your support!
Come Meet Our Pets...
We participate in traditional and even non-traditional community events as well as organized adoption events all around the Middle Tennessee area. We and our Adopt-a-Bulls would also love to meet you at any of our frequent "Pittie Socials" around town. Please check our website www.nashvillepittie.org or Nashville PITTIE on Facebook for schedules and updates.
Please note that we are a foster based organization and do not have a facility that you can visit. All of our Adopt-A-Bulls are safe and comfortable indoors and in homes with their foster families.
If you are interested in setting up a personal meeting with any of our pit bulls, please apply online by following this link: http://www.nashvillepittie.org/adoption_application.html
Our Adoption Process...
* Please do not ask us for an unaltered dog.
* ALL current animals MUST be spayed/neutered, up-to-date on all vaccinations and on monthly heartworm preventive (unless otherwise advised by a licensed veterinarian).
* A veterinary reference and a personal reference are required.
* An in home visit with adoptabull is required by a representative of Nashville PITTIE.
* An adoption fee of $200 ($250 for puppies under 6 months) is due when the final adoption contract is signed. This fee includes spay/neuter, vaccinations for the year, microchip and heartworm treatment if applicable.
* If you rent your home or own in a home owners association complex, verify with management that you are allowed to have a PIT BULL and not just any type of dog before applying. We will require written permission from your landlord or HOA.
*You will be required to fill out our adoption application which can be found at this link: http://www.nashvillepittie.org/adoption_application.html