If you are interested in adopting, you must download the adoption application from our website at: http://www.wingsofloveparrotrescue.com/adoption-information.html and return it to us at: email@example.com.
Because we foster the parrots in our program from our own homes, no visitation will be allowed without an approved application.
Requirements for adoption:
• Adopter must live within 120 miles of our base in Lexington, KY
• Adopter must be 18-years or older
• Adopter may not live in an apartment home
• Adopter must have landlord’s permission if renting, and we must speak with landlord
• Adopter must agree to a pre-adoption home inspection and a post-adoption home inspection
• Adopter must never use the adopted bird for breeding
• Adopter must return the bird to us if they’re unable to keep him/her for any reason
• Adopter must be experienced with parrots or agree to pre-adoption education provided by us
• Adopter must pay the required adoption fee, which is listed on our website
Your message has been sent to Wings of Love Parrot Rescue Center of the Bluegrass.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.