Our Adoption Process...
6 Step Adoption Process
1) Application - (While we encourage you to let us know on your application if one of our dogs has captured your interest, we use this simply as a guide for matching and your listing of specific dog in no way implies claim to this particular dog)
NOTE: Adoption Applications expire 6 months from the date of receipt. If you have already submitted an Adoption Application and it has been longer than 6 months, you will need to fill out a new Adoption Application.
2) Reference Checks - All references will be checked prior to home visit. We will contact your current vet, if you have one, for a reference.
3) Application Review - Processor reviews the application, calls the vet if you have one, verifies vaccinations and spay/neuter. We email personal references (if email is provided) or call them if necessary. Email is best since as references can respond when they are available.
4) Home Visit - A volunteer will come to your home to visit with you and discuss care of dachshunds. Also, the volunteer will look for any potential problems and check to be sure that your fencing is secure. Your home visit does not mean you have been approved.
5) Approval - After the above steps have been completed all your information will be reviewed and a decision will be made about adoption. If at this point you are approved to adopt, LPDR will help guide you to the appropriate dog for your family.
6) Contract - For the protection of the dogs we place, everyone that adopts a dachshund from LPDR will be required to sign an adoption contract. If you would like additional information on our adoption contract you can email email@example.com and a copy of our contract will be sent to you electronically.