About For Our Friends
About Our Rescue Group...
For Our Friends, Inc. (FOF) is a nonprofit, no kill, rescue group based in Queens, NY. We are devoted to saving dogs in need. Most of our dogs are rescued from our local municipal (kill) shelters or have been abandoned or surrendered to our care. FOF keeps all animals in its care until a loving forever home can be found.
All of our dogs are given full medical exams including all of the necessary innoculations. Any treatment for illness or injury is provided. All dogs are spayed/neutered and microchipped prior to adoption.
We are supported solely through the tax-deductible donations that we receive. 100% of all donations go to the costs incurred in the medical care and boarding of our dogs.
P.O. Box 203 Oakland Gardens, NY 11364
Phone: 718.595.2161 | e-mail: email@example.com
Come Meet Our Pets...We do not have a shelter of our own. We are mostly foster based, but often board dogs on a short term basis. Since we are an all volunteer group, we show our adoptables by appointment. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to meet our dogs. All our dogs can be viewed on our website: www.forourfriends.org
Our Adoption Process...
1. The first step in our adoption process is a telephone interview. A volunteer will call you to determine what type of dog will best fit your life style. Once an interest in one of our dogs is established we will ask for references. A veterinary reference is preferred.
2. The volunteer will make an appointment with the potential adopter based on a satisfactory reference to show the dogs. All family members must be present at this meeting. This includes the family’s current dog.
3. If the potential adopter is a first time dog owner, we will, again, meet all family members and discuss at length housebreaking and training procedures. We will provide follow up phone calls and answer any questions the family may have.
4. Finally if the adopter/dog match is mutually agreeable, the new owner will sign an adoption agreement. The adoption agreement basically states that the dog will be treated in a humane way – given food, shelter and veterinary care. The pet will wear all necessary identification tags at all times AND if the relationship between dog and owner does not work out for ANY reason, For Our Friends will be notified. No For Our Friends Pet will ever be put in another shelter or transferred to any other owner without the approval of For Our Friends. We follow up all adoptions with phone calls to be sure all is going well and to answer any questions the adopter may have.
5. For Our Friends must ask a donation at the time of adoption. The fee is $250 for a dog that is spayed/neutered, heartworm tested and up to date on his shots. All adoption fees are refundable for up to 30 days if the pet is returned to us within that period. All fees are tax deductible.