Lucky Star is a wonderful dog! Just listen to what his foster has to say about him!
* WONDERFUL with kids (doesn't seem to be bothered or anxious when my toddler screeches or gets wound up). Generally, he's not too bothered by loud noises like the drill or hairdryer.
* Vet estimates he's about 1 year old or little less, which surprised us because he's pretty calm for a puppy although he does nip like a puppy. (He hasn't shown any interest in chewing shoes although he is fond of the toilet paper roll!)
* Vet says he's definitely a hound mix, and other guess could be lab or pointer. He definitely has a basset hound coloring (white with speckles, dark brown face/ears, few larger brown/black spots) and does bay some when he's outside.
* He's very sociable with dogs and people. (The vet also tested him for aggression and didn't get any signs of aggressive behavior, which she said is also consistent with typical hound behavior.)
* He's not had any/much training. I've been working with him on sit, off, and kennel. He does very well in his kennel during the day when I'm at work. He's only had two accidents in the house, and one of those was really my fault for not watching when he had gone to the door. (He's not vocal when he needs to go out but will stand by the door.)
* He's not leash trained but is picking it up. He's also walked on the double lead with Ruby and did very well. (Have to watch for squirrels because he and Ruby will both take off to chase a squirrel.)
* He shares toys and food well with Ruby (she's not as great at sharing), but I try to keep them separated if they have a treat just in case.
* He's current on shots because I had him vaccinated at my vet on 12/2. I also started him then on flea/tick and heartworm meds.
* He wasn't malnourished and eats well (same dried food I have for Ruby).
* He hasn't shown signs of prior abuse and doesn't seem skittish, although he will bay or cry for a bit when we leave. Not sure if he has a little separation anxiety because Ruby probably helps with that.
* He's extremely affectionate, and I can say honestly he is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever seen. (I know I shouldn't let him, but he sleeps in the bed with us and also likes to cuddle on the couch.) In the vet's words, he seems like a sweet country dog who just hasn't learned inside manners yet.
He sounds like a great boy! All he needs is a family to call his own! He is completely vetted, including neuter & microchip.
For more information about Lucky Star, please contact his case manager, Rebecca at rebecca@ meadorsadamslee.com. You will find our adoption applications here: http://ootwrescue.org/adoption.htmlVisit this organization's web site to see any additional information available about this pet.