Please fill out our short application - the link is below - we are FAST! Our applications are usually processed in less than 7 days but we have done one in less than 8 hours!!
PUPPIES WILL ONLY BE PLACED IN HOMES WITH YOUTHFUL, PLAYFUL, DOGS.
OUR REQUIREMENTS FOR PUPPY ADOPTION:
1) These puppies are not livestock dogs. They must be family pets that are allowed inside the home.
2) Homes with youthful, playful dogs provide the pup with a mentor which facilitates a smooth integration into your household.
3) In addition to the youthful playful dog, someone must be home at least part of the day. If you are away from home between 8-10 hours a day, please do not apply for a puppy as this circumstance is unfavorable for you and the puppy.
4) We give preference to applicants with prior Great Pyrenees experience or knowledge.
5) You must have a plan in place to properly socialize your puppy.
6) The FASTEST way to be considered for a puppy is to submit an application. We are continuously working through applications, including those that were received in advance of yours. It is very likely that by the time your application has been approved, the puppy may no longer be available.
7) Please do not inquire about a puppy's availability; the puppy is still available if the listing is displayed. Emailing for status updates will only result in a delay of your application review, and put you to the back of the line.
All of the individuals responsible for reviewing applications are volunteering what little bit of time s/he has in addition to their own dogs, families, careers, and responsibilities. Though we do our best to evaluate ALL applications swiftly, submissions for adult dogs do take priority - there are an abundant amount of people that only want to adopt a puppy.
All of our dogs require secure and VISIBLE fencing.
Adoption Fee: $375
* Note to NW Adopters: The adoption fee does not include the cost of transport.
There are many things YOU can do to help us:
1. Adopt! If this Gentle Giant looks like the one for you, fill out an adoption application today!
2. Foster! This is a temporary commitment that gives all dogs in need the assured time to find the loving home they deserve. Your benevolent decision to foster unquestionably determines whether a loving dog gets to live or die.
3. Donate! Safeguarding these Gentle Giants result in expenses that are in upwards $8/day. If veterinary care is needed, the costs exponentiate to $1,000+ for a single dog. Every penny you donate makes an impact when it comes to vet bills! If you were to make a one-time donation of just $25, you would be adding 3 more valuable days to the life of every rescued dog and provide the chance to find the home they have been waiting for their entire life.
As always, all donations are gratefully accepted.
Every dog adopted thru the GPRS program is up to date on all vaccinations, spayed/neutered and on heartworm preventative.
Your message has been sent to Great Pyrenees Rescue Society.
You'll receive a copy, too, at to help you keep track of which pets you've inquired about, and which shelters and rescues you've emailed.
NOTE: Some shelters have physical locations you can visit; some of these shelters may only have pets for a limited time, so please do not wait for a reply—just go visit the shelter! Other organizations are rescue groups run by busy volunteers who may take a while to reply. You can find information about the shelter or rescue group caring for this pet, and their adoption procedures, on the pet's details page on Adopt-a-Pet.com.