Come Meet Our Pets...
Monday - Thursday 1pm - 5pm
Friday 1pm - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 5pm
Sunday 1pm - 4pm
Monday - Friday 12pm - 5pm
Saturday 11am - 3pm
Closed on Sunday
Our Adoption Process...
We believe in an open, non-judgmental adoption process. We recognize that no one is perfect and try to match a person's pet expectations so fewer pets are returned. Under normal conditions the process is:
- Come in with your family and look around. If you see a pet that you like, ask staff to meet the pet (if the pet is available to be taken out)
- Complete the adoption questionnaire.
- After the meeting, go over what information we have on file about the pet and his/her past experience.
- Finish the process by having a conversation with our adoption staff.
- After the above is completed, we can put a hold on a pet for 24 hours if you need time to think about the decision or to prepare your home.
- Most of our pets can go home the same day.
Adoption fees are: $90 - $140
This includes the animals spay/neuter, age appropriate vaccinations including rabies, de-worming and micro-chip.
- We will not adopt a pet to anyone under the age of 18
- We will not adopt to anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We reserve the right not to place a pet in a home based on the information we have or if we feel the pet is not a match for the person's lifestyle.
JHS does reduce or waive adoption fees for a variety of reasons: Too many cats or kittens in the building, older and special needs pets that have a harder time finding homes, etc. Adoption Promotions are a fun way to engage the public and bring in potential adopters. Shelters remain the #4 way people obtain their pets.