Link is an easy-going, laid-back gentle giant, weighing about 120lbs. At 8yrs of age, Link (a mastiff-bullmastiff) was abandoned at a boarding facility in Frisco, TX. A good samaritan took him him after the boarding facility spent weeks trying unsuccessfully to connect with the prior owners. Link was depressed, but warmed up quickly with the kids and 2 oher large dogs in the home. Though he's a big boy, Link is very gentle, and an easy keeper - he's quiet with great manners. Link is looking for a new forever family - one that will never abandon him. He promises to offer lots of love in return.
IMPORTANT: Link is a "guest foster" through the PAWS for Irving Animals program. The application process is the same, though the communication time frame may take a few additional day. We apologize in advance for the potential delay - we hope that finding the perfect furry family member is worth the wait!
Dogs in our foster care program are:
- up to date on all vaccinations
- negative for heartworms and on regular heartworm preventative OR recently treated for heartworms and on regular heartworm preventative (It can take up to 6 months for a dog to test negative for heartworm after treatments. We will provide you all the medical documentation regarding the pet's treatment.)
- in loving foster care homes where they have received training and socialization to help them fit into your home more quickly.
There are a few steps to set up the adoption.
- Complete the Adoption Application online. The online application is a web-based form that should be accessible on Mac, PC, tablet or other mobile device. If you'd like us to send you a PDF via email, we can do that too! If you are meeting us at an event, you can complete the application at the event itself. We require the application in advance so we can get to know a little more about you, and for better safety of our fosters and the dogs.
- Schedule a home visit. After the adoption application is received, a volunteer from PAWS for Irving Animals work with you to find the best time to meet the pet. Depending on your schedule and the schedule of the pet's foster parents, this might be at a scheduled adoption event (Adoption Events), an area park, or your home. If that initial visit goes well, a volunteer will visit your home with the pet you are interested in adopting. We will ensure that the pet you are interested in has the opportunity to meet all the members of your immediate family, including other pets, to ensure that this adoption is a good fit. We can even do a trial adoption for a period of up to 3 days if you would like. (Note: If you choose to do a trial adoption, we will hold a check for the full price of the adoption fee until you make your final decision. If you choose not to adopt, we will return the check to you when we pick up the dog.)
- Pay the adoption fee. The adoption fee is $200 for dogs under 12 months and $150 for dogs over 12 months of age. The adoption fee covers many elements: full vetting (spay, vaccinations, etc), registration of microchip to you, etc. You have 3 options for payment:
- Via check. This can be either given to foster/volunteer at adoption hand-off or mailed as a check made out to "PAWS for Irving Animals" with "Adoption - DOG NAME" in the memo line. The check can be given to PAWS representative at time of adoption.
- Online at https://pawsforirvinganimalsllc.cloverdonations.com/adoption/ . Be sure to select the correct amount - $200 for dogs under 12 months and $150 for dogs over 12 months.
- You can pay via PayPal as a "Friends & Family" transfer to PAWSforIrvingAnimalsLLC@Gmail.com