Miss “Fancy” Pants came to us on 4/5/17 as an unclaimed stray from Animal Control. She is a very nice, 45 pound hound that seems to be about 4 years old.
- Fancy is a very sweet, well-mannered dog.
- She loves visitors and does not jump up on them.
- She loves affection and gives tiny little kisses too.
- She “sits” for treats so someone must have taught her to.
- She politely “waits” to take the treat too. (Again, someone taught her this.)
- She is pretty clean in her room (indicating she’d be easy to house train).
- She barks at cats and very much WANTS to get to them—so she is NOT good with cats.
All in all, Fancy seems like a well-adjusted, polite dog, though she is very bewildered by the shelter. (You can actually see the worry in her eyes here.) When outside, she sometimes barks like she is calling out for someone. Dogs that do this always break our hearts. Perhaps she used to be someone’s beloved dog and she is hoping they hear her calling out to them.
How her fate lead her to us, we will never know, but we are very happy to have her. We know she’ll do real well as someone’s beloved “house hound” once they discover her.
(Better photos will follow.)
GOOD WITH DOGS. NOT GOOD WITH CATS!
VOLUNTEERS and DONATIONS NEEDED. Visit our website for more info http://nelsonspca.org
Your message has been sent to Humane Society/SPCA of Nelson County.